youth muzzleloader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rich44

Reaction score
I'm trying to set up my 16 yr old neice with her own inline . I bought my nephew a Traditions SS Pursuit Pro when he turned 16 and it shot so well and the price at the time was hard to beat so I bought another for her and just kept it in the box untill she was old enough.
But its just to big for her I thought I could just get a youth stock but its also alittle barrel heavy for her and she is also right handed and left eye dominant so the safety is a little awkward for her as we have her shooting left handed.
She shoots very well off sandbags out to 50yrds but cant handle it offhand she handles the recoil ok I have her shooting 70gr BH209 and a 240 XTP and will only let her shoot out to 50-60yrds.
Who makes a good quility inline with a youth stock and lighter barrel cal can be 45 0r 50

Rifle

Take a look at the CVA Wolf for her. They are short, 24" barrel, breakopen action, .50 cal. My grandson has one and it is a nice little rifle. Now I know it is a CVA but nowadays they make good rifles.

Take a look at the Knight Wolverine 209 youth model. You can pick them up for around $120. My wife shoots one with a Leupold Ultimate Slam mounted on it. I think Fin,Fur and Feather or Ye Olde Archery Shoppe both have them. Just make sure it has the iron sights included, I believe one of those sellers wanted $10 extra for sights. I have hers shooting 90grs of BH209 and a 295gr Aerotip Powerbelt and it groups around 1 1/2 to 2" @ 100 yds. My wife is only 4'11" and she seems to be able to handle the weight pretty well. I believe they only have a 22" barrel.

cva wolf. its easy enough for her to clean + she wont have to deal with exposed ignition.

I like the CVA Wolf.
Sweet gun for the money,he!!,sweet gun period.

I bought a T/C Triumph for my ten year old son. One of the reasons for this purchase was it's light weight. It's a bit pricey, but its a great shooter and the whole family can use it.

My son is also right handed and left eye dominant. Not a good combo. I had him hold the gun left handed but it was very awkward for him, so he still shoots right handed. While at the range, he consistantly shot low and to the right of the bullseye. I told him to raise his head a little off the stock and move it a little to the left. It made a difference in his shooting. He is to the point now where he does it automatically.

I would invest in a good set of shooting sticks if you haven't already. My son uses a bi-pod. He has taken three deer so far this year and has used his sticks sitting on the ground and sitting in a chair. His furthest shot was 105 yards which is about his limit for this year.

I'm not sure if the Triumph comes with a youth stock for an option. I know Traditions guns are heavy. My wife's Pursuit XLT is the heaviest gun we own but it is also a great shooter.

If cost isn't an issue, I'd take a look at the Triumph B/C edition. 1" shorter length of pull than standard model. They point and shoulder quite well. I'm storing one for a family member, as it's a xmas gift for a youngster(13). I was very pleasently suprised by the fit and finish.

TJJ said:
If cost isn't an issue, I'd take a look at the Triumph B/C edition. 1" shorter length of pull than standard model. They point and shoulder quite well. I'm storing one for a family member, as it's a xmas gift for a youngster(13). I was very pleasently suprised by the fit and finish.
I agree and with a load of a 200gr bullet in 40 cal and 90 or 100gr powder it is ideal for a small person but brings game down quite well.

Back