Not yet, but soon--- Attn. Chuck Hill

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

prong.jpg

How far do you lead one, at 65 mph / 220 yards, with a 15 mph cross wind?

Mine and yours are looking good, but Chuck's seem to be dinkers. :?

RandyWakeman said:
How far do you lead one, at 65 mph / 220 yards, with a 15 mph cross wind?

smily791.gif

RandyWakeman said:
Mine and yours are looking good, but Chuck's seem to be dinkers. :?

They look tasty!

What is the problem, Chuck, just don't have a muzzleloader that is up to the task? :?:

IMO they are a blast to hunt, a beautiful animal, a unbelivably fast animal, but they are no good to eat.

I sure get conflicting reports on that-- dunno. If the animal is dressed quickly, and not touched-- it is supposed to be fabulous.

But, if you touch the horns, then the meat . . . supposedly it is quickly tainted. We will find out! 8)

I've only hunted them once, and that was years ago. I do recall that they were excellent eating and very tender :D

Where are you guys heading to hunt them. You wont belive the numbers of animals you will see. What a blast to hunt. Have a great time.

Also make sure you take a good rangefinder, in that open country you can
not judge distance at all, especially if you are hunting with muzzleloaders.
I might recomend taking leather gloves and knee pads because when you are making a stalk those cactus suck when they bite you :oops: .

Somewhere around Cheyenne.. they say 300 or so a day.. :shock:

I have only hunted antelope once but I have to tell you my wife and I loved the meat :!: I took several ice chests full of ice and soon as he hit the ground I gutted skinned and quartered him and got him on the ice asap. I don't know if it made a difference or not but the meat was excellent.

I shot an antelope and there was snow on the ground,Cleaned right away.I didn't like it at all.I gave it to my Dad and he loved it. but then he also liked liver. :?:
Redclub

Hey, I like liver. The antelope liver was very good and the first thing we eat at our house after I take a deer is the deer liver. As far as the antelope meat goes it was great, real tender. My wife made parmasean(spelling :? ) Only needed a fork to cut it.

They're as tasty as any deer I have ever eaten..infact, I'm not sure I could tell the difference if both were next to the corn and potatos.

94749165dkSFOK_fs.jpg

Back