200gr load help

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevemiller

Reaction score
i have a 28in barrel optima pro rifle. i am going antelope hunting this year and was going to try the 200gr shock waves and was wondering if anyone tried this load in a pro or a different barrel. the rifle is 50cal,

I think the 200gr SST/Shockwave is a perfect pronghorn bullet. I shot two using 120gr ffg Triple Se7en. Performance couldn't have been better. Now I did this using a Knight Disc Elite .50 but I'd sure try the same load in a Optima Pro. Start out with 110gr and see how that does. ALSO...I don't see anything wrong with trying the same bullet with Blackhorn 209 if you want to use that. I'd probably go that route first since that is available...

Try 110 grains BH209, should burn em' right inthere for ya:

You will appreciate how flat the 200 gr. shock-wave will shoot once you find the correct powder charge/accuracy combination.

With just 100 grains of 777 we experience 6 inches less drop as compared to the 250 gr shockwave at 200 yards. The BH-209 will likely do much better than that.

Chocdog

Back