Funny how things turn out...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I LOVE muzzleloaders of all varieties. Having said that, I played around with sidelocks, plunger fired inlines , and closed breech models.I lost my Omega to barrel trouble ( :cry: ) but my Black Diamond XR .50 cal has filled in perfectly. Yes, the Omega was easier to clean , but cleaning the BD is about as tough as cleaning the typical 22 rimfire semiauto and from an economics angle, replacement Omega breechplugs are $ 20 compared to a $6 nipple...Both have roughly the same service life. The Black Diamond is legal everywhere an inline can be used and although I do like scopes, the all steel aperture rear sight on the BD is so VERY fine. I got a nice walnut stock from T/C so she's kinda old school.At least as much as an inline can be anyway.My first inline was a plunger fired Traditions Tracker 209 ( converted to use musket caps) and very good work was done with it. Its my daughter's now and God help any deer she catches in the crosshairs! Its kinda interesting how one can progress through the hi-tech models and wind up back where you started. Its quite nice really. if you're having trouble deciding on one muzzloader, the be all to end all might just be the type you started with. Just a thought...

I still like the older technology rifles... they work good.

Been on a simular path myself. I've owned an Omega, Encore, Triumph, Knight Disc, 4 or 5 Knight Elites, and a couple of Extremes and when the smoke cleared I settled on my favorite rifles which all have plungers and #11 nipples 8) .

Nimrodder said:
Been on a simular path myself. I've owned an Omega, Encore, Knight Disc, 4 or 5 Knight Elites, and a couple of Extremes and when the smoke cleared I settled on my favorite rifles which all have plungers and #11 nipples 8) .

Yup.... 8)

That's why I'll never get rid of my MK-85 or White .451 Whitetail. They still come out to play every now and then. Sure they take a little longer to clean up. But they will still do the job...never let me down.

Latest posts

Back