45 cal remington 700 ml

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A older gentleman in our hunting group has a 45 cal 700 ml. for sale.
He priced it to my shooting partner for 425.00. Anyone need this.
I know mine is not going anywhere for that price.

You seem puzzled but there has been talk of buying a 45 barreled action for 320.00 plus needing a donor 700ml to put one together. It looks to me this route is going to run 425-450 and a lot of work exchanging and fitting parts.

derfhunter said:
You seem puzzled but there has been talk of buying a 45 barreled action for 320.00 plus needing a donor 700ml to put one together. It looks to me this route is going to run 425-450 and a lot of work exchanging and fitting parts.

IMO... the 45 Rem is definitely a bit more costly than a 50 right now because of the demand for 45's. Even then i am not sure that a 45 Rem SS barreled action is worth anywhere close to $300, when you can purchase a new complete modern gun for that price. I know that the Remington really has a good barrel, it actually is a Remington centerfire big bore made in to a 45/50 cal. Even knowing that is it really worth the price of the barrel action and donor gun and re-building the bolt and breech worth it.

Also, I am not sure what you mean by a lot of work interchanging and fitting the parts??? they are all a simple interchange - what fits the 45 fits the 50.... and vise-versa.

So i agree with FG, unless you just have the money to spend, $400 for a complete Remington is to much to pay. That price really is an 'eye opener' to me. But, hope he gets it so i should add i have Rem 700mls (SS) i would sale for that price also. First guy that offers gets it...

Those contemplating this move really need to look at Cecil Epps site and look what he offers in a real model 700 muzzleloader.

Sorry I even mentioned this. I never said this was any steal.
From what I gathered from Mountainam's post on the Dougs board, the barrelled action has no trigger, no bolt, no stock, no ramrod, no thimble or holder, no breech plug or nipple. You are correct that most of these parts interchange but It is still a lot of work to have the same price in a rebuild as you can have in a factory gun. And to boot A person has to find a donor gun for less than 105.00 to be able to do all this work for free. So I only felt that anybody contiplating going with a rebuild because they can not find a 45 Rem., I found one.

Back