250grn shockwave and BH209

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deextee

Reaction score
What amount of BH209 are you guys using with the 250grn shockwave's?

Thinking of swtiching to the 250grn shockwaves do to my local availability.

100 gr in my Omega, hovers around MOA most times out, and that is better than my centerfires.

Cool- I'll try 100grns then and go from there. I was @ 120 last year using a 275 and I was not happy with the results past 100yrds.

I have been devoted to Hornady XTP's for years, but the T/C 250 SW's are so accurate in my Omega with Blackhorn209 that I may hunt Iowa with them this year.

250 T/C Shock Wave
Harvester SB Sabot
110 grns. BH209
Win 209

Three shots go under an inch the majority of the time. It has yet to shoot worse than 1 1/4" the last couple weekends.

At 200 yds it is consistently under 3".

Note that I am using the SB Harvester sabot, not the sabots the SW's come with. The Harvesters are more accurate in both my Omegas.

I shoot an Omega with a Leupold Ultimate Slam 3-9X. With the crosshair sighted 2 1/2" high at 100 yds. the first dot is dead on at 200 with this load. I have a lot of confidence in the accuracy of the 250 SW.

IMGP0270.jpg

IMGP0272.jpg

I do 115-120 grains with a 250 SST. Last Fall I had my cronograph while a buddy & I were sighting in our M-Ls. He always raved about "Shockey's Gold' powder. 120 grns in my Knight gave a steady 1950fps across the crony. His 120 grns of SG was 250+ slower & all over the place fps wise. I know speed isn't everything but his grouping wasn't anything great either. I let the crony do the talking & soon afterward he switched to B209. I had thought about backing down some on the charge, to 110 or so. I shot 5 deer last year with the SST & all were pass-thru's. One may of done a 50 yrd charge but most <20yrds.

110 grains of BH209 and the 250gr. Shockwave and a Harvester short black sabot in both my Omega and Endeavor. Both of these guns produce right around MOA if I do my part. I've killed a spike and a wild hog the last two seasons with this load and it has produced great results.

I used them with 120g of BH209 in my Endeavor. I got great accuracy.

Latest posts

Back