new to me Omega x5,2nd range trip.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trigger8mm

Reaction score
sighted it in with the weaver k4 at 100 yards and love my new omega. when i got it on target i got an honest 1.5 inch group. sighted it in with 100gr. pryo rs. the bullet was 300 gr xtp and harvester crush rib, cci primers. i tried 120gr. powder charge, and it didn't change. still 1.5"group. this thing is awesome. if it keeps this up it will be my goto gun instead of my .270. now i need to spend about $100 on bullets and sabots.

tell me if this happens to yall. every time i go to the range with my b.p. a crowd gathers. i end up teaching a class. thank goodness that wasn't today. the old men just came up and said it was so neat. looking at my bullets and other stuff.

my best friend friend brought his .54 fire hawk. got to sight it in. his 3 inch groups are good enough for him im just glad we got to go shooting again. he is going through a tough time right now, he needed this distraction. the smoke smelled so good and the slow rate of fire was relaxing. we both had a lot of fun.

Omega

Good times and good shootin with good guns -- and with a good buddy too! Cool. :wink:

+1 on those Crushed Rib sabots; they saved my Omega from becoming an expensive tomato stake...

Good huntin'!

Old No7

Back