No 209 inline pistols

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GM54-120

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Supporting member
Reaction score
Ive looked high and low for a modern style 209 inline pistol.

Then i got an idea. Considering the current cost of a Accura...maybe just maybe it would be possible to convert one into a pistol.

Tradition used to sell one but it was #11 cap only and they are very hard to find and almost no chance of converting it to 209 ignition.

After looking closely at my Accura it doesnt look like it would be that hard if the barrel was cut just before the flutes start. Converting a thumbhole stock appears possible too.

I dont want to cut up mine but maybe one of the cheaper blued models Cabelas is offering. Maybe i will wait a bit to see if they come down even more in price and then buy a black thumbhole stock to convert.

Do you think its possible?

I think the 209 would be might hot for a pistol load. I think it would be a fun project though!

Personally I like the contender. You can get muzzle loading pistol barrels for both the Contender and the Encore.[ Handles to]

another run in you will have with the stock is that it is hollow. A wood stock would be very simple to carve out and inlet.

Latest posts

Back