need advise for low scope mounts and a scope for a TC Omega

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjg

Reaction score
I just bought a TC Omega and would appreciate advise for scope mounts. I like the Talley's but have seen concerns indicated in some reviews about eye relief.

I have not purchased a scope yet but it is probably between a Cabela's Powderhorn and a Nikon Omega. (Price is leaning me towards the Powderhorn.)

Your comments for each would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Nikon Omega on my Omega with Leupold old style QR mount system. It's perfect and I love being able to remove the scope for cleaning and have it return to zero everytime. Pretty sure they're medium. No problem with eyerelief on the Omega scope but I did have some very close calls with the Cabela Alaskan Guide scope. Knocked off my glasses quite a few times but never got cut and switched before my luck ran out.

Rather be Hunting said:
Durasight Z2 warne stlye ring work great, med height on my omega with a millett buck gold 3-9x44
Same here. the Dura-sights are good rings and bases. If your short on cash try the TC Gorillas. Just $20.00 for rings and bases. I have them on my Triumph and have had no problems.

Back