Bushfire Tilden Park Western Australia

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heelerau

Reaction score
My place got wiped out by a bushfire on the 1st of Feb. Both I and my now ex partner got out with pets and horses. Question, all my licensed muzzle loaders perished in the fire including 2 cap and ball and a mod 19 S&W revolver. Still some spring tension in the smith same with the cap and balls although grips are gone. The house was wood so. the fire super intense. Is it likely I can restock my long arms , sort out springs and regarded parts? My revolvers are in a bucket of diesel. they do not seem warped. I am thinking replace all springs and grips and the cap and balls might be ok, not so sure on .357 Smith which was highly polished stainless steel/ I have seen the odd story of guns going through fires but these still had badly charred stocks. Heart breaking as all our old family stuff went.
Someone here have Niel Fields or Carny Paces phone numbers as they were lost as well . Thanks

Sorry to hear this, good luck and a speedy rebuild process. I was told that Neil Fields is now in a assisted living home (some of his thoughts he lost), sad. Carney Pace's address I'll try and get for you.

Buck

Mother Nature can be a harsh mistress. So sorry for your situation. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Best of luck with your rebuilding.

My place got wiped out by a bushfire on the 1st of Feb. Both I and my now ex partner got out with pets and horses. Question, all my licensed muzzle loaders perished in the fire including 2 cap and ball and a mod 19 S&W revolver. Still some spring tension in the smith same with the cap and balls although grips are gone. The house was wood so. the fire super intense. Is it likely I can restock my long arms , sort out springs and regarded parts? My revolvers are in a bucket of diesel. they do not seem warped. I am thinking replace all springs and grips and the cap and balls might be ok, not so sure on .357 Smith which was highly polished stainless steel/ I have seen the odd story of guns going through fires but these still had badly charred stocks. Heart breaking as all our old family stuff went.
Someone here have Niel Fields or Carny Paces phone numbers as they were lost as well . Thanks

Tragic loss, very sad for your situation. Our prayers are with you as you move forward, but thanks be to God for your health and well-being.

So sorry to hear of your loss I know how important your firearms are to you. Just to everyone else my wife and I have planed to purchase a safe with a good fire rating. We now have moved this up on our priority list. Hoping everything turns out well for you.

Latest posts

Back