I spent some $$$ today

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frontier gander

Reaction score
Just finished checking out at r&r arms. I ordered a black thumbhole/ Stainless steel CVA Accura for $372.99 shipped.

Comes UPS ground so hopefully those monkeys wont beat the crap out of the box.

Finally got one after all this time!

Semisane said:
:D :D You have 24 hours after receipt to post a range report.

. . . . . . . . DO NOT DISAPPOINT ME! :evil:

I got 3 - 255gr CT Powerbelts, 3 - 362gr CT Powerbelts and 3 - 338gr Platinums all in tubes ready to grab and go. I need to pick up some RS and im set. Hell i may even throw in 3 of the big 444's :shock:

Forgot, I'll sight in with 385gr remington gamemaster conicals.

Congrats on the new gun! If you`re like me, you`ll be sitting by the window waiting for the UPS driver to arrive. lol

Congrats on the gun, have you held one of these yet or shot one? Iv heard good things about this gun my only draw back is the way the stock looks. To me the thumbhole looks to open :?: Let us know how it shoots.

funman said:
Congrats on the gun, have you held one of these yet or shot one? Iv heard good things about this gun my only draw back is the way the stock looks. To me the thumbhole looks to open :?: Let us know how it shoots.

Have not held one yet. The one i will hold will be mine :D Corey handled the thumbhole accura and he said when you shoulder it, the sights come into view perfectly. I'll let you know how the thumbhole is, this will be my second thumbhole stock.

I originally got the thumbhole Accura only because I Needed a .45...now I really like it.

Good luck with the new addition. I know you've been looking forward to this. Now shoot & report! :wink:

Semisane said:
:D :D You have 24 hours after receipt to post a range report.

. . . . . . . . DO NOT DISAPPOINT ME! :evil:

Your kidding right? FG will be chasing the UPS truck for the last 1/4 mile to his house like a hound. He will have it cleaned and re-assembled in the 1st 2 hours, shoot it for a couple of hours and have a report within 6 hours of owning it. :wink: :lol:

Congrats FG!!! I'm looking forward to the range report too...

FG: Man... your guys are buying 'em up today !

Good luck with it... and post some pics of the rifle and range results.

heck im tracking the rifle right now! Just got back home and saw r&r left an email with the tracking number. Im very excited about this rifle, I sold two rifles to buy this one and spend the rest on primers and powder. I need some Winchester W209s and some triple 7 primers before i start shooting.

Its in Earth city MO. Tell me that dont sound like a damn hippie town :lol:

Cajun let's start a pool on how many "minutes" it takes for FG to report back on how it shoots for him! I'd like "125 minutes!"

FG... way to go! I know you will really enjoy yours!

funman... I am of a medium build, with normal sized hands... and that stock fits me like a glove. I really like that thumbhole stock on my stainless/camo stock Accura. It feels very natural.

thats really good to hear about the thumbhole. Im 6'3 but very lean and big hands so this one should fit me very well. I really enjoy the thumbhole stocks as its easier to carry them in a relaxed way.

Will not!! :twisted:

I am kicking myself for being a cheap ass and not spending the extra $4 for 2 day delivery :( It will be here on the 18th.

OptimaAndy said:
i gotta feeling this one will be around come hunting season.

darned right it will!! I mainly sold those 2 rifles so i could set my brother in law up with a scope. He claims his eye sight is bad, yet he can spot a coyote 2 miles away with the naked eye :roll: IMO he just wants an excuse to use if he misses. Jeeeez this gun is way off jon! :lol: :lol: I've heard that one from him before.

FG, If that rifle is still around come hunting season I'll send you some 348gr PB's free of charge. Heck I might send 'em to you anyway just to get rid of them.

Back