Jest whut ah needud - KRB7

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Underclocked

Reaction score
:wink: yep, ah iz nUtZ!

but you guys like pictures, don't ya?

2005536339327986843_rs.jpg

The above is one rifle at slightly different angles

<-- click for more detail

They are nice looking.. but I am still not sold... I will hold off and wait for your shooting reports.

I like the fact that it has a 27 inch GM barrel. And I like a Knight synthetic stock. And would have already bought one if I could see or hear of some descent range results with sabots! All (and this is after exhaustive research) the range results w/ the KRB have been good to great with bore sized conicals. But not very many reports of it being a good to great sabot shooter. Particularly with the 200 grain (40 cal) bullets favored by the Disc Elite. Many report that saboted bullets are difficult to start at the muzzle. I just wonder if the KRB is as good a sabot shooter as it is a full bore conical shooter. (It is a great looking rifle!)

That is Exactually What mine looks like SS/Black

Thinking about saleing it sence I got the Whites !!!

But they are great shooters

Ron

They are nice looking.. but I am still not sold... I will hold off and wait for your shooting reports.

Yer grandkids might be waiting as well.... :roll: :roll: :lol:

I got one too...for a special project. :wink:

Mine is the SS/Camo version. I hope to shoot it Wednesday..weather permitting..

big6x6 said:

Please post results. Will it involve sabots?

big6x6 said:

Are the hammer extentions reversable for both right and lefthanded shooters?

Yes, you can put them on either side. They might even be better on the left as then you would then be putting torque in the tighten direction when you pull them back.

2002146996916479691_fs.jpg

Can't tell you how I know this... :wink:

Springs are not to correct scale. The one under the ball is probably a little healthier, the larger one on the left is thinner, the tiny one on the left is even smaller (and that is the source of take up :roll: ), and the fourth one that wraps around the hammer is a strong sunny gun.

The only reason I can see for the tiniest spring being there is to accomodate that push button safety (that's my guess at least). I would rather have done away with that safety.

kevinbrian said:
big6x6 said:

Please post results. Will it involve sabots?

Yeah it will involve sabots but that's not the special part. :wink: ALL results will be posted.

Chuck, have you got some new powder?? :D

By the way, that tiny screw shown lower left in the above pic... it doesn't really show like that... it's behind the body of the trgger shoe just to the right of where it is shown above.

Back