Caught on camera!! FG's Adventures!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frontier gander

Reaction score
Get a roll of paper towels and lay them over your lap and keyboard!

We took a ride this evening to an area close by and we've never been there before for the 12-13 years we've lived in the area.

Elk001.jpg

My dear 'ol pappy,
Elk002.jpg

Elk003.jpg

Ever see a sign like this?
Elk005.jpg

STOP THE TRUCK!!!

Do you hunters see what i saw?
Elk012.jpg

Zoomed in 4.8x
Elk011.jpg

Still cant see what i see?

Elk014.jpg

Elk015.jpg

Elk016.jpg

Picture perfect!
Elk018.jpg

Elk019.jpg

There were 2 bulls, i could only get this guy in picture. Hes a beautiful 7x7 !!!

I was able to carefully crawl within 20 yards before i made a kiss sound to get him to pop his head up.

About 400 yards down the road we topped a hill and this guy was standing right in the middle of the road. He was a good sized 4x4. Sorry for the pic, he didnt stick around long for me to play.
Elk020.jpg

Good post !!!

Nothing better than spending some time with your dad . Mine died from ALS (Lou Gehrig Disease ) 6 years ago and boy do i miss him !! :cry: I was pure hell for my dad , and me seeing him e go through that

. Spend as much time with your pops while you have them . :D

Awesome! Looks like you had a great day. That is some nice area you have up there.

Awesome pics!! Any chance you can get that guy this season!!??

Perry

Man you weren't kidding!! I am not sure but I might need to go change my pants!!!!

My wife wants to move closer to her parents and I told her the only way I would move is she lets me go elk hunting next year. IT IS LOOKING GOOD!!

Either way that is an awesome bull and that is my dream hunt right there. Thanks for getting my heart pumping!!!

River Rat.

Sadly this is a special draw unit, it takes a minimum of 5 Pref. Points to get a chance. I have 4 more years left before i put in for this area!! Shoot even my dad wants to put in but by the time he'd get his chance, he'd be 66 years old.

I had another Adventure today, but this time it was deer :lol: Im uploading the pics now. Nothing super though, hes average for our area. We did see a couple wide 4x4's but they were to far for a camera shot.

This little guy we spotted out on private land just west of Aguilar Colorado. We were taking a back road to Cordova Pass.

If his brown tines are 1" long, he's a small 4x4. We saw some really nice size 4x4's up they were out of range for pics.

Deer-8-9-09001.jpg

Deer-8-9-09003.jpg

Deer-8-9-09004.jpg

Deer-8-9-09005.jpg

Deer-8-9-09007.jpg

Deer-8-9-09008.jpg

Deer-8-9-09010.jpg

I feel sorry for the SOB that had to chisel this rock tunnel out!!
Deer-8-9-09011.jpg

well boys we went out again and damned if we didnt have another adventure!! As soon as i clean off the viruses from my system i will upload the pics. Keep getting spyware crap that keeps loading new window pop up's for advertisement.

Unit 84 - San Isabel Ntl. Forest.
Unit84022.jpg

Unit84020.jpg

A big field up in the mountains. This area we go after elk and deer,
Unit84015.jpg

And from the looks of today,
Bear?
Unit84013.jpg

Also in the mountain field, deep into pine/aspen trees is an old run down cabin.
Unit84011.jpg

Unit84012.jpg

We havent hunted this area since 2004. It always held a good # of deers and small bucks that we could never get lucky on. Hopefully they are still here and have grown. We've never ran into another hunter in the 3 years that we had hunted it.

7 miles from home we ran into this,

5 bulls!
Unit84028.jpg

Unit84029.jpg

Unit84032.jpg

Unit84035.jpg

Cayugad, I took this picture for you. It was a 4+ mile round trip hike and he went with us. Very slow, but he did a good job.
Unit84027.jpg

Awesome bull! Beautiful country as well. Man I can't wait until I get out there in Oct!

Oso

I'm thnking i see a natural blind inside that shanty that i can have a litlle fire, put a tarp ove in inclement weather. I have necer had the good fortune to hunt or visit in the west. I am 53 and so want to do it before i'm to old to run the ridges out there. But when I look at the cost of hunts for whitetail, elk or mulies and such it just kills me. Beautiful, dreamy pictures man! I always enjoy those pictures you all put up of the hunts and territory you all live and hunt in...

To hell with those expensive ranch hunts! You just need to hook up with a buddy out here and work out what you need to bring and help pay for.

Basically for us its the tags, food, and gas. I bought a huge tent at walmart a couple years ago and we've used that. $70 for a 18x14 ( i think? ) tent was to good to pass up. Sure miss the little camper though. And its heater.

Latest posts

Back