Ramrods...Grrrrr

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarlV

Reaction score
So I'm in Gander Mtn this past weekend. I thought I'd buy a replacement ramrod for my Remington Genisis. I would like to attach my spin jag to the end of the ramrod and keep it on the rifle. You cannot do this with the supplied ram rod since it's got that goofy screw-off/screw-on end on it.

Yup, they have 2 different kinds. Good price too.

They had a Genisis in the rack so on a whim I decide that I should check the replacement ramrod for fit. I was more concerned with the length than anything else.

It won't fit into the Genisis thimbles. It's too big in diameter!

I try the other brand and it was too big in diameter also.

So my question is.....anyone know of an aftermarket ramrod that is skinny enough to fit the Genisis thimbles?

Sorry I can't measure the actual diameter of my stock ramrod because I'm at work right now :)

Carlv,do a search for a place call RMC Sports Outlet.they can Fix you right up with any size ram rod that you want.They will custom cut to lenght and re-thread,with a solid alumnium Ram Rod.here is the link http://rmcsports.com/catalog.htm
CarlV said:
So I'm in Gander Mtn this past weekend. I thought I'd buy a replacement ramrod for my Remington Genisis. I would like to attach my spin jag to the end of the ramrod and keep it on the rifle. You cannot do this with the supplied ram rod since it's got that goofy screw-off/screw-on end on it.

They had a Genisis in the rack so on a whim I decide that I should check the replacement ramrod for fit. I was more concerned with the length than anything else.

So my question is.....anyone know of an aftermarket ramrod that is skinny enough to fit the Genisis thimbles?

Sorry I can't measure the actual diameter of my stock ramrod because I'm at work right now :)

I took the thimbles off my Genisis and ran some 180 grit sandpaper through, wraped around a dowel in my drill. Didn't take much to get a TC rod to fit. Used some cold blueing to recoat thimbles. Looks and works great. Was a easy fix.

SwampFox said:
Carlv,do a search for a place call RMC Sports Outlet.they can Fix you right up with any size ram rod that you want.They will custom cut to lenght and re-thread,with a solid alumnium Ram Rod.here is the link http://rmcsports.com/catalog.htm
CarlV said:

Thanks Swampfox, I like both their solid anodized aluminum and their solid brass rods. I e-mailed them asking if they have/could get these rods in 5/16" diameter. Their web site didn't specify.

mew said:
I took the thimbles off my Genisis and ran some 180 grit sandpaper through, wraped around a dowel in my drill. Didn't take much to get a TC rod to fit. Used some cold blueing to recoat thimbles. Looks and works great. Was a easy fix.
Thanks MEW, but I'm not really ready for surgery yet. :)

CarlV RMC should be able to match that 5/16" dia.I have yet to see a size that did not have.If you email them late today,then most likely they will get back to you sometime tomorrow.I have dealt with them before and they are great to deal with.

SwampFox said:
CarlV RMC should be able to match that 5/16" dia.I have yet to see a size that did not have.If you email them late today,then most likely they will get back to you sometime tomorrow.I have dealt with them before and they are great to deal with.

Hey Swampfox,

You were right on the prompt communication with RMC. E-mailed me right back. This morning I called and Chris Cox, the owner, answered. I ordered a custom brass ramrod from him and gave him my CC# right then.

Good price, excellent service, nice conversation.....don't get much better than that.

Thanks again for telling me about RMC.

Carl

No problem CarlV, just glad i could point you to them.They are the best to deal with ,thats for sure :D
CarlV said:
SwampFox said:

Hey Swampfox,

You were right on the prompt communication with RMC. E-mailed me right back. This morning I called and Chris Cox, the owner, answered. I ordered a custom brass ramrod from him and gave him my CC# right then.

Good price, excellent service, nice conversation.....don't get much better than that.

Thanks again for telling me about RMC.

Carl

Latest posts

Back