size and type

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OptimaAndy

Reaction score
I know you have to shoot your ML to really determine what bullet you shoot but what do you guys prefer for bullet weight if you mainly hunting deer size game. and Do you prefer a spire point or hollow point?

thanks

almost have my mind made up!!!!!!!

245 or 295gr powerbelt with 80gr Pyrodex RS. I normally use aerotips but am working on my own tip insert.

me personlity i would i would try a nosler or barnes ive only shot the nosler and they seem to shoot really well out of my omega with a crush rib sobat and .451 (45cal) bullet with 90 gr of 777 loose.
hope this help

sam208

what kinda sabotted bullet is the hornady 50 cal 44-240 HP?XTP
got some over to Dicks for 9.99. thought i would give them a try.

I used those .45 - 240 XTP Mags to great effect in my Omega with 110 grain BH 209 powder: thanks to the advice of the members of this forum. And I am as pleased as could be with the results

whats the differnce between the 44-240 and the 45-240 when comparing the 2. And i don't mean the actual size difference unless it is affected by the rifling in the barrel as its headed down range.

I personally like the .44 caliber bullets better. My favorite is the 300 grain .44 caliber .430 diameter with a green harvester crushed rib sabot. That is all the medicine a whitetail would need if you place that in the correct spot. I shoot them with 100 grains of powder with some excellent accuracy.

yes..

a Hornady pistol bullet. Its .430 diameter for a .44 caliber weapon. Its an XTP hollow point and 300 grain. In a green Harvester Crushed Rib (sometimes listed under Claybuster Harvester) sabot I find them very accurate. A lot of deer have fallen to an XTP. I just bought three boxes of them from Natches.com

are you buying the sabot and the bullet separate. Hornady doesn't list a 44 300 grain

did a little more looking and found them. Found a good price at cabelas in the reloading section.

personaly I believe any bullet you can shoot out of a .50cal. into a good group all the time will serve you well.listen to cayuga xtp 300g are a greatchoice. karl

Andy i use hollow points. i hunt in thick brush no shots over a hundred yards. I use hornady bullets i buy in bulk. its cheaper and i get to experiment with different sabots. My gun really likes .44 cal 300gr with 90gr of blackhorn. i had another gun that liked the .45cal 240gr. I have more fun buying bullets in bulk and trying different ones to see what works good. Iv been looking at the speer gold dots and you can buy those in bulk almost as cheap as the hornadys, so im going to experiment with those. I have bought the more expesive packaged bullets but by the time you sight those in and have fun with them oops im out lets go buy some more. I would say buy different bullets in bulk and see what you like.

Latest posts

Back