CVA Kodiak Pro vs TC Triumph

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
quigley said:
mikew17361 said:
They do have Bergera barrels... My brother picked one up last week & will be shooting it in the next day or two. He said that he really likes how it looks & that it looks like it's made batter than his Winchester Apex.
I checked on the barrel. This particular Kodiak is new 2006 model. It does not have a Bergara barrel. Some of Cabelas overstock.
Interesting because my brother got his a few weeks ago when Cabela's put them on sale & his is marked as a Bergera.
We'll have to see what the trigger is like & how it shoots though...
-Mike

:D :D
quigley, I have a friend that shoots a TC and for him it's the greatest ML going. I was at the range with him a few times because he was having allot of trouble. If you check some of the posts you'll find it and finally see what was the cause.
As far as the to rifles go I can tell you that the CVA'a are far easier to shoot, clean, sight in (of which CVA states that if you .........) break down and remove the breech plug. The b/p on my ACCURAS are shorter and easier to remove and clean. The accura breaks down into 3 parts to clean, the barrel, stock and the forearm grip. I see allot of different in- lines at the range and I'll stack up CVA ACCURA'S AGAINST THEM ALL!!!!! One last item, the barrels are made in Spain.
Good luck and good hunting :!: :!: :!:

I want every one to know that this is MHO and I'm not bashing any other M/L or had any intention of doing so. This is my opinion of my CVA's :!: :!:

I have that very rifle (CVA Kodiak Pro in SS .45 cal) It is NOT a Bergara barrel and it does have a heavy trigger.

So far it shoots fairly well if I don't go above 100gr of 3F 777. I suspect that is the fault of powder/primer and not the gun.

I have a load that it will shoot sub MOA with.

james 14 said:
I have that very rifle (CVA Kodiak Pro in SS .45 cal) It is NOT a Bergara barrel and it does have a heavy trigger.

So far it shoots fairly well if I don't go above 100gr of 3F 777. I suspect that is the fault of powder/primer and not the gun.

Yeah they are set up with a 4.5 - 5lb trigger * lawyer trigger* If you call cva and tell them that you'd like it adjusted, they can go down to 3.5lbs. Its also free * minus shipping it to them*

:D :D :D

I don't know if that kodiak pro has a stainless steel barrel but I do know the the optima,apex and accura have them. ( Can get info on them by checking out CVA.COM) Doesn't the kodiak pro have that camo pattern covering the entire rifle?
Good luck and good hunting..

Decided to go with the TC. I actually ordered both guns, but one had to go back. The TC just felt better on my shoulder than the CVA. They both are excellent deals. I liked the camo stock and stainless barrel on the CVA, but it was not a bergara. The TC balanced better and was lighter than the Kodiak.
Going to try the Triumph...besides its nice to still buy a quality made product made in the USA. But by the time our current president gets done with our country we all may wish we lived in Spain.

i think you'll be very happy with your choice,they carry nice and just flat out shoot good with a variety of loads.....karl

frontier gander said:
james 14 said:

Yeah they are set up with a 4.5 - 5lb trigger * lawyer trigger* If you call cva and tell them that you'd like it adjusted, they can go down to 3.5lbs. Its also free * minus shipping it to them*

Try again, like 8 or 9 pounds is more like it. Even with the bad trigger, the gun was fairly accurate shooting 100 gr BH209 and an assortment of bullets. I didn't try it, but I don't think you could have tripped the trigger with the weight of the rifle and scope together. That was my first and last experience with a Kodiak Pro. Your milage may vary.

Latest posts

Back