black mag3

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jr

Reaction score
black mag3 where can you get it? midsouth no longer sells it thanks jr

I got mine at a "Gander Mountain" in Baraboo Wisconsin if that's any help. If you have a Gander Mountain close by, it might pay to give them a call. While I was in the southern end of the State I also checked a "Dick's Sporting Goods" and while they had a nice store with lots of items, they had diddle for black powder shooting....

Also let me take this opportunity to welcome you to the forum... Nice to have you here.

One thing I do not understand about the Black Mag3 container, what top are you supposed to use to be able to pour that out of the container it comes in? I tried a Goex cap, and too small, and the Pyrodex is too large. Perhaps there is an in between one I do not have in my collection. I was going to shoot some the other day, but did not have a free horn to fill with the powder. Normally I throw a pour cap on the pound of powder and then load into the measure right out of that. The only time I take a horn is hunting.

Another thing is when you get that powder, make sure to shake the snot out of that pound of powder. I could hear chunks in two of the pounds I shook. I finally got the one I have which seems in gain form to say the least.

CONTAINER

I GO TO THE DOLLER STORE AND GET A PLASTIC MUSTARD CONTAINER WITH A ATTACHED SNAP ON CAP. WORKS GREAT AT THE RANGE

jr said:
black mag3 where can you get it? midsouth no longer sells it thanks jr

You can order factory direct. Call 954-937-9188 or 407-682-4742 and you will likely get Mike. You can order direct and buy up to 96 pounds if you wish on one $20 hazmat fee plus what the powder costs. I understand that the factory is selling it at about $20 a pound to individuals. If you buy four or five pounds that gets the price in the reasonable range. I am not sure of the prices so just dial the number and ask.

Latest posts

Back