Ohio ML Buck

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
freaking huge.
Did have time to read the story. Did he hunt this buck on his own or did he pay an outfitter?

Thats a really great looking buck. I noticed the metal tag on the rack. They still use those? I haven't seen one of those in a long time. Our tags in MN used to look like that, but it seems like they quit using those back in the 80's. Could be the 90's though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats a really great looking buck. I noticed the metal tag on the rack. They still use those? I haven't seen one of those in a long time. Our tags in MN used to look like that, but it seems like they quit using those back in the 80's. Could be the 90's though.

We still have to use them, and still have to take our deer in to a check station. But, I think all that is about to end soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

freaking huge.
Did have time to read the story. Did he hunt this buck on his own or did he pay an outfitter?

He was on his own, no outfitter.

buck

no he hunted fair chase for that. Yes we use metal tags as every deer has to go to the deer check station paper tagged. The deer check station which could easily be a Mom&Pop convenience store puts the tag on the deer and makes a notation that he turns into ODNR at year end.

If that freak nasty walked out in front of me I would probaly wet my pants then drop my gun out of the tree. They dont grow em like that in NC.

If he plays it right, that deer could set him up for life.
Just make sure that if you sell a rack like that, that you work it out that you get a replica in the deal. Free of charge!!!

black powder said:
nice rack ....but ...no body ,not much meat on the buck [ why?]
I guess because hes been carrying around that rocking chair on his head.

Awesome deer and story. In the first pic, the ML looks like a Black Diamond XR.

Back