Extreeme nfpj Set up

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjhans53

Reaction score
Has anyone used the conversion kit with just the breech plug and not the adapter (for lack of better term). It looks to me like it would work, and you would not get the problems of the spent primer falling out (yes you would have to pop it out of the bp with a priming tool.

rjhans53 said:
Has anyone used the conversion kit with just the breech plug and not the adapter (for lack of better term). It looks to me like it would work, and you would not get the problems of the spent primer falling out (yes you would have to pop it out of the bp with a priming tool.

Haven't tried it.. but will this week.

After a few shots the spent primers (Fed209a and Rem STS) will start to stick in the bolt adapter. I just turn the gun (90*) so the open bolt faces the ground and give the recoil pad a sharp rap... and they fall right out.

The NFPJ is just like the Savage. If the primer sticks, just recock and pull the trigger. The spent primer will then roll right out when you reopen the bolt.

I works good. I've used it on several different rifles(Extreme, Elite, LRH). It generally works perfectly for the first 10-20 shots with the primer falling out by simply rotating the action so the primer can fall out. After several shots once a little residue has formed in the action area the primers get stuck a little usually falling free with a rap on the stock. If not pull the bolt out and clean, no problem.

100_0285.JPG

No primer

100_0286.JPG

With primer

rjhans53 said:

I have tried it, but it is very tough to get the primer in the breech plug, and not real easy to get them out. Try it at the range the next time you shoot and you will soon see what I mean. If someone made a primer capper/decapper that was slender enough to fit in the bolt opening, that would make it easier.

If I have a primer that sticks, I just lift the bolt handle to recock, lower the bolt handle, and then dry fire. The usually fall right out after that, but I have had to dry fire a couple with max loads and heavy bullets.

Latest posts

Back