Food for thought.....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

While we are all working up loads in various rifles for the upcoming season....I think it's also important to remind folks to be safe,,not only in shooting,,,but in the entire aspet of what we love to do.

Watch this video. I think you'll know what I'm referring to.

Be safe fellas. Your families count on ya.... :wink:

Chuck,,,I posted this here, since it seems to be the most active thread. Feel free to move it wherever you think it will benefit most folks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqfkK3h2jqM

That's an excellent reminder Batchief. All too often we become complacent and that's normally when the worst things seem to happen. I admit I have caught myself in tree stands without a safety harness on, but normally I remember and lock up.

Also as with any firearm or bow, remember the rules of safety in the proper handling of weapons. Hunting season is here for some or soon will be. No sport is worth death or permanent injury. So be safe out there all...

Jeff.

Great post and certainly a good reminder.. I've never used a harness... ever.

Such a sad story.. It's changed my mind..

Great post and certainly a good reminder.. I've never used a harness... ever.

Such a sad story.. It's changed my mind..

Never?! I'm glad it changed your mind JJ. As the video shows,,,it only takes one slip, and your life is changed forever. :cry:

WOW
What a wake up call
I use an old waist strap type.
Not anymore
Tomorrow I will buy a hunters safety system
Thanks for the post

The old waist straps are killers. 15 minutes hanging in one of those will result in "suspension trauma"(if you're lucky to be upright). Basically,,,you kill your kidneys,,and if left hanging for a couple hours or more,,,,you die.

Use a good 4 point harness guys. The Hunter Safety System is one of the best investments you'll ever make if you hunt from a stand. :wink:

He's got Jesus Christ in his life!!!!!!!!! The light in a tragic event.

im fixing to watch the video, sounds like a tree stand accident, well I am very fortunate that I dont have to set in tree stands out west. I really would set on the ground any day out west. (no ticks or chiggers)
I just seen the video amazing and my heart and prayers go out to him and his family.... We cant be to safe , we cant afford to live on the edge and not take care of our self, every day in every situation.

I have a harness but if I had to get a new one, I would look at one of those harness vests. I think that would be the way to go...

I never could stand those single around the waist ones.. Besides, that harness works great for dragging deer out of the woods. :D

Boy, THAT will make a believer out of you! For the MOST part(youth stupidity)I've always used a belt and have used various harnesses over the years...swapped to a Seat of the Pants harness..it's pretty good.

Thanks for the reminder Bat!

stands

don't think that your ladder stand can't snap apart either. Too many people leave em' up during the year and the welds go after a couple. I never used a safety harness in a ladder stand until last year when a weld on a two man ladder stand broke. We had it out in place for 3 + years and the guy who was supposed to check thewm gave it the okay. It broke under me, I was lucky and able to bear hug the tree. But all the weight I accumulated in the bottom of my pants that dark morning required me to shinny down that tree faster than I wanted. Dark, snap oh s*^t, great story because all I got was a brush burn, ruined morning hunt and scent lok don't work w/
that smell!

cayuga
I got one last year, I really like it it is quieter ,I believe much safer [hope I never find out] and much more convenient. Lee

I got one of these

53e9_1.JPG

tree stand safety

about 4 yrs ago two differt pals of mine fell out of tree stands. Niether one had on even safety belts. One clanged his head, the other fell about 15+ plus feet. He knocked out 2 teeth broke 7 ribs and ripped the back of one leg ,47 staples in it. a screw in tree step broke, down he went . I quit hunting out of trees. Just tuck in a hideyhole or pop-upblind now!!

Back