Knight Shadow

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking fro people's opinions on the Knight Shadow. It's no secret that I have been lurking around here looking for a new muzzleloader. I would prefer to purchase one new not used if at all possible and I would also like to keep my loyalty to Knight Rifles. I have a line on a used Dics Elite for $225 I have not seen pics of it but I know it's stainless camo. I was at my local Bass Pro today and noticed that they had two Shadows and a wide selection of Rolling Blocks. While the price are high compared to what people have paid on here, I don't for see them going down now that Knight has been bought and is looking to start up again. Both guns feel great to shoulder. Just looking for Pros and Cons of both and I already know most of you will probably point me in the driection of the Disc Elite. I'm leaning that way too. Please Help.

yep I'd go with the elite and get a lehigh gen II breech plug for it. Hands down no contest.

the folks above love their disc-extreeme or elite's as they well should.
but i wouldn't be to quick to dismiss the shadow.i sold my first one to a good friend after he shot it (his first time with a ML) and he got a nice 5/8"
3 shot group at 50yds using 100g vol. blackhorn,250g sst sitting in a harvester crushrib sabot.i missed that one so when i saw another on gunbroker i was the first to bid and the only bidder and won with a $125
BID!!! this one is the all camo model and it's shooting very well with 80g vol. blackhorn under a 300g .430 XTP in a green crushrib.while the triggers on both are not bad they do not compare to those wonderfull ajustable triggers on the disc models.....karl

i should also add that with a 10 cent 0-ring in the primer pocket it's
also blow back free (thanks to busta)

Buy what feels good in your hands but the Elite has more features that many of us prefer. An adjustable trigger is high on my list and from the reviews ive read the Shadow has a sub par (for Knight) trigger.

I would however love to see Knight build a good affordable break action and the Shadow appears to be a good place to start. A few mods and im sure it would be a great gun.

Thanks to all that have responded. You input is much appreciated. My main question about the Shadow was answered and that was is it BH 209 compatable. However I do like the fully sdjustable trigger on my LK 93 and would be hard pressed to give up that feature. Think I'm going to go with the Disc for now and if I run across another Shadow later I will buy it. Thanks I will post pics of gun and groups when I get it and get it sighted.

Back