Broke sling holder on 2 new Accuras

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tOSUSteve

Reaction score
Both my Father-In-Law & I took out our new Accuras on Saturday & we both broke the sling holder on the stock. We were using a sled & obviously didnt have something set right, because they both snapped after 2 shots.

Anyone else have this happen & what options do we have to fix it? I haven't started looking at options to fix yet :cry:

Other than that it was a lot of fun to sight them in :D

CVA/BPI has a great customer service. I'd give them a call, who knows they may replace the stocks for free or a small fee. Be worth a try. Good luck.

Stocks

Yes, I agree, Call CVA CS, they are great people to deal with. They as stated may simply replace the stocks for you at no charge.

if you didnt take the sling off while shooting off the lead sled, i can see that being the cause. I know i can not shoot off my sled due to the sling swivels hitting the sled.

Called CVA, they told me to send in the stock & they will replace it. That is what keeps people coming back to buy from a company, standing behind it even when the customer did something stupid :oops:

Steve just how did you break the sling holder off and which one? I too have an Accrura with the thumbhole stock and I too have a LedSled (Solo) and I don't want to make the same mistake if I can avoid it. Thanks

johnpb said:
Steve just how did you break the sling holder off and which one? I too have an Accrura with the thumbhole stock and I too have a LedSled (Solo) and I don't want to make the same mistake if I can avoid it. Thanks

We broke the rear one, but I guess thinking about it depending on how the forearm stock rests on the sled it could break as well.. Just remove the sling before mounting it into a sled & that *should* prevent it from occurring.

Look at the traditional Uncle Mike's sling studs. I put one on the forearm of my Accura for bipod use.

Back