SW vs Barnes vs Parker

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nutt189

Reaction score
I now shoot the SW 250 out of my omega with 110gr of T7. I am looking for a alternative that shoots as well and works from 20yds to 200yds without it blowing up. Any help would be great.

It is a matter of personnal choice.The rifle has a preference in bullets.I own a Knight discElite and the best bullet for me is Barnes SBT 245 gr.bullets ,grouping 3 shot in 5/8 of an inch. at 100 yards.For hunting purpose I set 0 at 125 yards.with 100gr. loose triple7
Taureau noir

The best performing bullet I have ever used on deer sized game is the Parker Ballistic Extreme 275gr period.

I like the Barnes spitfire TMZ 250gr & 290gr I get a little better ACCU. out of the 290gr.

I also like the 300gr Speer Gold Dot I need to try the 250gr G D also

Ron G

Try that same load with a T/C Shockwave 200 grain in the blue sabot. It shoots great out of my Omega and seems to hold together better than the 250 gr. Shockwave/SST's.

So the Parker works at all speeds. Now I have to find a place to buy some to try out.

So the Parker works at all speeds.

Now that I DON'T know..but I bet it does. I've shot with with a muzzlevelocity from 2200-2300fps though...it's worked like a champ...

Now I have to find a place to buy some to try out.

The the banner at the top of the page and call 'em!

Latest posts

Back