Figured the Accura out today!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frontier gander

Reaction score
Finally sound the secret!

My first shot on a freshly oiled barrel was dead on at 100 yards. I swabbed clean and took #2 shot and knew if i didnt change something, i'd get the normal 2" group. I went ahead and ran a dry patch down the bore, didnt feel any crud so i ran one more dry patch down the bore and boom! Shot #2 and #3 were clipping!

I was shooting 260gr Noslers in the mmp-12 sabot ( short black?) They load firm on a squeaky clean bore but with the fouling in the bore, they load really nice. Also was using those dirty 777 primer.

6 clicks up to put her dead on?? Next outing will be with 300gr XTP's.

260Nosler-100yrd-DRYPATCH.jpg

Underclocked said:
FG, have you tried 200 grain XTPs in blue MMPs?

No i havent. I shot the 200gr Lehighs with the short black mmp-12 sabot and 150gr RS. that showed really good promise.

frontier gander said:
Underclocked said:
FG, have you tried 200 grain XTPs in blue MMPs?

No i havent. I shot the 200gr Lehighs with the short black mmp-12 sabot and 150gr RS. that showed really good promise.

how bad did that thump ya?

Not bad. Its only a 200gr bullet. You could shoot it all day without any pain at the end of the day.

You just might have found the magic formula Gander. I hope you have. But don't be too confident until you repeat it with more shooting.

My philosophy is a bad three-shot group is all you need to know that a load/bullet/technique is no good, but a good three-shot group is still a "maybe" until it's repeated another time or two. Now if you had a 5-shot group that looked like that I'd say you have a winner for sure.

Back