260 & 300 gr. Nosler Partitions

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coltchris

Reaction score
I know alot of you guys really like the #45260 Nosler 260 gr. Partition JHP HG bullet. Has anybody used the #45350 Nosler 300 gr. JPP Partition HG bullet? Just wondering, as I'm trying to work out a trade with a guy and he has one box of each. I definately want the 260's, but unsure on the 300's.

Them 300g Nosler will surely put the hurt on deer. Head on, one went from front to back on a kill we had 2 year ago. They have no drawback as near as i can tell. Tissue damage is the kind that brings a 'wow'.

I have a ton of the 260's and was considering stocking up on some of the 300's but I have never fired a 300 gr. I believe Sabotloader will be able to give you a boat load of info on that bullet.
Not sure what your trading or paying for them but I have found them for about $25 a box. I'll find the web address if you need it.
Frank

coltchris

The 300 Nosler PP is an awesome bullet. It carries the highest BC for any non-pointy 300 grain bullet. I shoot it with 120 grain T7 in the Knights and White, and 110 in the Omega or Triumph.

I have always considered it to much for deer but it would work great. I use it mainly as an elk bullet and save a little money by shooting the 260 at deer.

Excellent bullet...

Frank:

Yes, I would appreciate the website; thats a helluva deal. If you can find them, the 260's wholesale for $47+ per box & the 300's for $50+ per box!!! I would be surprised if that website still has them; buy I'll try! Thanks for the feedback guys.

Frank:

Thanks for the link; they show them in stock and I ordered (2) boxes of the 260's. Can't believe their price; as I said, I only found them in one wholesale distributor and they were $47/box!!!!!!!! Thanks Again.

They have been discontinued. You better stock up if your gun likes them.

No problem coltchris. I believe it was jsteurrys who passed this info on to me a few months ago. Thats when I stocked up on them. I am still considering buying 4 boxes of the 300's.

jsteurrys said:
I stocked up to. Now, I just need to find a gun that likes them.

Same here. My MK-85 dosent like them. The Omega is better but really havent played with a charge yet and I just got a Pro Hunter whick I believe will be thesame as the Omega.

jsteurrys

Your Knights will shoot them great....

I shoot them from my Omega with 110 grains of T7 and they are very accurate - 120 from the Knight DISC.

This 300 Nosler from my Remington certainly did the job...

P1010001-2.jpg

and this 260 from a White...

07WhitetailCaptions.jpg

And this 300 Nosler from my other Rem

P1010018.jpg

Guys they work....

07elkflollowupcpmposit.jpg

What sabot are you using to shoot these out of your White?

I've got a Super 91, and plan on shooting the 300gr gold dot with a MMP short black sabot. I haven't had time to try them yet though just wondering what you use..

I cant get them to group out of my MK-85. The only bullet the gun likes is the 295 powerbelt. Actually it loves them. I get one hole groups at 75 yards. I get 4" groups at 50 & 75 with the Noslers.

Kris K

What sabot are you using to shoot these out of your White?

The MMP HPH-12 will work really well but the regular MMP short black recommended for a savage is the best.

If your .504 is the same as mine the short black is great... if you have the tighter bored .504 then you might need the HPH-12

sabotloader said:
The MMP HPH-12 will work really well but the regular MMP short black recommended for a savage is the best.

If your .504 is the same as mine the short black is great... if you have the tighter bored .504 then you might need the HPH-12

Thanks I've push a couple down the barrel with the plug out, and there pretty snug but push down smooth with one stoke. I also plan on trying some .44 cal 270gr Gold Dots in the green Harvester sabot.

sabotloader looks like a Bushnell Elite on your black 700m. I love those scopes. Just got a Niknon Omega but I think I'm gonna have to part with it. The eye relief is way too long. I like to get my face into the scope.
Frank

Franksauto

Elite 3200 it is - I really do like the Elite series especially the new DOA reticule - got two of them now.

That is the biggest reason that i have have not hit if off with the Omega - i really do not like the long eye relief - especially shooting with the sun behind you...

sabotloader said:
Franksauto

Elite 3200 it is - I really do like the Elite series especially the new DOA reticule - got two of them now.

That is the biggest reason that i have have not hit if off with the Omega - i really do not like the long eye relief - especially shooting with the sun behind you...

My buddy had his T/C Omega drilled and tapped forward of the original mounting area because he also likes to stuff his face in the scope. The Omega will never work for him.

Latest posts

Back