Last day of muzzle loading season

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAF

Reaction score
Today was the last day of our muzzle loading season. Day break found me in my blind. Temp was -8 and light snow was falling when I left the house but that stopped by the time we reach my blind. Wind was out of the s/west which was not too good for me. Skys cleared. I only have a mulie doe tag left and since I have enough meat in the freezer, I'm not interested in shooting anything big. I therefore decided I'll only take a mulie fawn. I want the ribs for a recipe and I want smaller backstraps. They'll make dandy shishkabobs(sp). Anyway first thing I saw was 2 whitetail bucks. A little fork, followed by a 3 X 3. They got to within 70 yds of me and I think that's when they winded me and turn and high tailed it back the way they came, waving bye bye with their tails ;D. 10 minutes later 2 does and 2 fawns walked by me about 40 yds south of my blind. These whitetails had no idea I was there and just went about their business and were in no hurry. Later saw another white tail doe with a fawn but they didn't come any closer that 120 yds. That's all for deer and no mulies seen. My hunting partner saw a couple when he got to the area he was going to hunt but he's now after a big buck. No more hunting for me until Nov 6 when rifle season for mulies opens and it runs to Dec 9, so have plenty of time.

Latest posts

Back