Lehigh Letter to their Conversion customers...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sabotloader

Keep Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a Blast
Supporting member
Reaction score
From Dave Fricke - Lehigh manufacturing....

Thank you for your order of the Breech Plug Kit. Due to problems some customers are experiencing with the interface of the kits to their particular Knight rifles, we have refunded your money by crediting your credit card. There is no need to return any purchased items.

Our goal on redesigning the breech plug and primer holder was to significantly reduce blowback, provide instantaneous ignition with Blackhorn 209 while utilizing an inexpensive vent liner that could be replaced when worn.

Once we began studying the Knight design, it was apparent that factory assembly fits were much looser than would seem reasonable. After many trials we had a functioning plug that exceeded the design goals when used on three different rifles. When redesigning the assembly, we tightened up tolerances on the components. There was risk in this as the reason for the loose fit on the factory parts could be attributable to being necessary to encompass the manufacturing variation on the gun and components produced by Knight. Recognizing this risk, we expanded the testing to six shooters and over ten guns.

Now, in a very brief time, we realize that our sample size of guns, primer lots, and installation wrenches was not sufficient to uncover the factory manufacturing variation that exists. At this time, we are suspending sales of the kits until the variation is better understood.

The changes to the Lehigh design to encompass the variation of the factory guns will in no way effect the improvements made to blowback reduction and instantaneous ignition.

I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. Once the changes have been made and thoroughly tested, you will receive a replacement kit at no charge.

Thank you for your understanding.

Dave Fricke

Thanks for posting Mike and thanks Lehigh Dave !

I've waited a long time for this fix..... no problem waiting some more.

Great Customer Service

It was said prior that Dave was a stand up guy and I believe this confirmed that statement. As soon as things are worked out I will be ordering 2 kits for the Knight as well as some vent liners for the Savage. This is one company that forum members should support.
Ed

I received the same email today. I haven't even had time to take mine out of the package yet. Now that's customer service. :D

Latest posts

Back