Clueless??? Terrible at the range??? Help!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am pleased for you Tiger. It is nice when it comes together. I hope you kill a big one with that new stick. "D"

Used mine this weekend with 300 gr XTP and N120. Deer died and left me a nice blood trail. Not the exit wound that I was expecting however. Not much bigger than the original bullet. Bullet landed well and did it's job. Meat in the cooler. Have a nice day. "D"

Yeah, I whacked a doe on Friday the 13th with the 300 gr XTP and 42 grains of 5744. She was quartering away so I put it on her last rib and it exited right in her shoulder. Knocked her right down, but she jumped up and ran 15 yrds. She was drt, just someone forgot to tell her. She bled well and was not big deal tracking her the 15 yrds even though it was in tall grass in the dark. I was surprised that the exit wound was just an exit hole of the bullet, but the entry wound was pretty devastating. I shot her nearly long ways on the quartering shot and still got a pass through. Still got muzzle loader season on this side of the state to look forward to, but the rut down east should be in any day now. May take off half of this week to head down and try it.

Thanks again Bill and Henry on the help!

Matt,

Glad you got to knock one down with your 10ML-II and that load worked for you. I, like you and looking forward to 4 NOV, when ML season opens up here in the central season.

Latest posts

Back