Anyone tried shooting Federal b.o.r.lock for a 50 cal? I’m using blackhorn 80 grains for my load .

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug1968

Reaction score
Wow I just tried them this morning and can’t say enough how easy they are to load and much to my surprise even better accuracy than the hornady loads I was using ! I just ordered 3 more packs of them and I suggest trying them out . My CVA accura I got last year absolutely loves them , bring on the deer ! I was shooting at 100 yards and was under 1 inch groups of 5 and cut 1 hole to be honest .

Cheap Shot 245 Grain hollow point I found em a few years ago, Ran through all 3 my CVA Buck Horn, Hawken & Camo Hunter. Love them 150 yards 3-4 inch groups and a very inexpensive round I ended up with 8-10 packs of them Yes I like em that much. $8.50 for 50, I push with 100 grains BP or Substitute.

Wow I just tried them this morning and can’t say enough how easy they are to load and much to my surprise even better accuracy than the hornady loads I was using ! I just ordered 3 more packs of them and I suggest trying them out . My CVA accura I got last year absolutely loves them , bring on the deer ! I was shooting at 100 yards and was under 1 inch groups of 5 and cut 1 hole to be honest .
I have used them in my Remington 700 ML and found pretty much the same thing. Not only do they load and shoot well but they are also legal in Colorado for elk. For those who don’t like big lead they are an excellent alternative. I did find that an HDPE over powder wad and heavy compression on the BH209 helped with the velocity consistency in colder weather. Happy hunting.

2 pellets weights and volumes eh I know there is a difference between the two, why I like the pellets each is 50 I use 2. I like to leave the grains/weights to my smokeless let headaches and crossed eyes ring for the smokeless, My Black Powder for when fun with out the insanity heheheheheheh

Back