Ultra Bore Coat &T7

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill

Reaction score
I have a couple of Knight rifles that shoot very well with Triple 7, FFFg, but foul really badly. Will the Ultra Bore Coat treatment cure the crud ring?

Crud Ring...

OK, I'll take a shot at this... (pun intended!) :wink:

If it was me, I'd spend the $$ & efforts using a wet patch (use both sides) and then a dry patch between every shot at the range or in the woods.

From what I've read on this forum, a primer change may help reduce the dreaded "777 Crud Ring". But knocking it down on each shot by patching it out is the best bet -- other than switching to BH209, which I've yet to do.

Other thoughts/opinions?

Tight groups!

Old No7

No, I coated one .50 T/C barrel and the crub ring was still there but not as
difficult to break thru as before. There was a build-up but it felt less of a build-up by the ramrod pressure than before the ultra bore coating was done.

The pain in the a** in shooting the 30 shots to "Cure" the ultra bore coat into the bore.

I did not treat the barrel for the crud ring, I treated the barrel to protect it from the corrosion of 777.

Ultra bore coat works and I have done several barrels both ML and centerfire. My Reminton R-15 camo rarely has any copper build up.

Chocdog

Thanks for the replies. I think I'll pass on the UBC. I bought a shoping cart of Triple 7, FFFg at a Walmar clearance 2 years ago. The T7 shoots really well if I patch with alcohol ever shot-POA! I've been using Blackhorn to hunt with. I know about the low powered primers, but want to avoid complications if possible.

I have a new TC pro hunter and am considering treating the barrel with ultra coat and using BH-209 exclusively. I know this may be overkill but want to spend my time hunting and shooting not swabbing and cleaning.
I consider it an investment and worth the time and money for long term. Has anyone else done this and willit actually take 30 shots to cure?
With respect,
moose

The actual coating is about 30 microns and heat and pressure is what seals the "bore coat" to the barrel....recommended you shot 30 shots.

Chocdog

Back