anybody know the screw size? - T/C Encore Pro Hunter forend

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jefo1

Reaction score
Seem to have misplaced my forend mounting screws for my Encore Pro Hunter...does anybody know the size of replacements? Thanks in advance.

You'll have a tough time finding on at the local hardware store, call T/C they'll send you one for no cost and it will be in your mail box next week. Also, let them know which screw it is, front or back, as one is longer than the other, can't remember which one though. If you get them switched around, it binds your ramrod into place.

They're 1/4 - 28
Matched up the threads with a few Savage/Stevens stock bolts I had in the junk drawer. The front is the shorter, 1/2" length worked perfectly..the rear needs to be a touch longer. Ace hardware only had 1/2" & 3/4".....only took a few minuted with the dremmel to take a little off the longer of the two for the rear...contour it & clean the threads with a dye. A little trial & error with the ram rod & I'm up & running. I sent T/C an email before I stumbled on the ones at Ace,..if they send em..great...if not,...no harm done,..had fun making them!

jefo1 said:
They're 1/4 - 28
Matched up the threads with a few Savage/Stevens stock bolts I had in the junk drawer. The front is the shorter, 1/2" length worked perfectly..the rear needs to be a touch longer. Ace hardware only had 1/2" & 3/4".....only took a few minuted with the dremmel to take a little off the longer of the two for the rear...contour it & clean the threads with a dye. A little trial & error with the ram rod & I'm up & running. I sent T/C an email before I stumbled on the ones at Ace,..if they send em..great...if not,...no harm done,..had fun making them!

if they don't let me know . they sent me two by mistake . But i bet they will at no charge .

Give her a call !!
Jeanette Shorey
Customer Service Team Leader
603 332 2333 Ext 530

Latest posts

Back