Another .45 Cal PP Bullet

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis1

Reaction score
Like i need another Bullet, Custom Mold for .45 Cal :) Truth is, Designing a Bullet, and having a Custom Mold Made is Just as Addicting to me as My Muzzleloaders are LOL! TRUE! I own a Tote FULL of Bullet Molds

This is NOT my Design. This is an Old Paper Patch Design that i have Seen in The Buffalo Arms Catalog for a Long time, I have always liked it Due to the OBVIOUS Bearing Surface, it is easy to Patch to the EXACT Point on this Bullet. This Mold is Also in the Accurate Molds Catalog under #44-345P, But I made a Change to it, I kept the Bearing Surface the Same, But extended the nose, Making the Bullet 1” Long instead of .93 My Bullet is #44-361L This Should be a Good Bullet in my 1:30 Twist Rifles

Typical Accurate Molds AWESOMENESS!! I love these Accurate Steel Molds
jjDZ6yRl.jpg

You can’t cast them ANY Nicer than this Fella’s, Cast of Certified PURE Lead, these weigh in at 376.5 Grains, These are Within 2/10 of a Grain of Eachother, SHARP, Perfect Mold Fillout 👍 These Drop from the Mold at .443, Which is IDEAL to Paper Patch a Typical Bored .45 Cal Muzzleloader (.450-.452)
HHPFMILl.jpg

RVuhCkom.jpg

A few made up to Test a Group Soon, Probably my Rice Barrel First, it is a 1:20 Twist
htDBAZ9m.jpg

This is the Buffalo Arms Version, Notice the Nose has a slight Radius to it
nb7ztCO.jpg

This is the Original Accurate Molds #44-345P, This bullet is .93 Long
5kAzpi8m.jpg

And here is my Version with the Nose Extended .070, Making the Bullet Length 1” on the Dot. By Lengthening the Nose, my Meplat is a Bit Smaller than the Original above.
BBrxltDm.jpg

Back