An Old Pickup

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i've owned this 1994 Toyota pickup for 24 years. It had been re-possessed and had 8,000 miles when bought. It currently has about 230,000 miles.

Tweaked 4 banger engine
Headers and cat back exhaust
Lock Right differential lockers
Line-X bed liner
Demountable 8,000 pound winch

5zSYNH3l.jpg

Have had a number of pickup trucks, 2 wheel and 4 wheel drive. Seems about the time we have gone through someone wants it more than we do. Good By Old Friend. Time to look for another toy.

My 1940 Plymouth 1/2 ton toy has been here since 1957 (work on it, then change my mind and go in a different direction). It's had several engine transmission changes (wild to mild), same with paint. Have now finally settled on what we have now (wife put her foot down on the wallet). My ("Our" excuse - me dear !@#$%) has a 1970 Mopar 340 in small block, performance cam, dist. from Mopar Performance, Holly fuel injection, shift kit in trans., 4:10 gears in 8-3/4 Dodge rearend. Boxed frame, disc brakes.

Custom interior that's probably 15 years old now, but still in excellent shape. New paint (back to original colors), she wanted it to be a looker but not draw to much attention. Driven spring through fall by the wife for going to pickup flowers, small trees and other yard items (has a bed liner to protect the oak flooring).

1940 Plymouth Pickup.jpg

Last edited:
Was asked where this picture was taken. That pasture was in Masonville Colorado (near Estes Park Colorado about 18 years ago just before moving). Have made many moves since then but the Plymouth is still in excellent shape (brought with last race car in and enclosed trailer from CO to UT) bosses instructions. She didn't want her truck to get any damage, screw the race car, didn't like the "money bucket" (her name for my toy).

Latest posts

Back