Wolfs

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would not be a good thing UR. I read an article recently that claimed an adult wolf may be responsible for 20-30 deer kills a year. I can't personally substantiate the numbers, but who's to say it's not higher. If you get a pack of 5-10 wolves.......... well, you can do the math. There's a reason they were exterminated. It seems as though the wolf population in Michigans UP has been mysteriously dieing of lead poisioning in recent years.

TJJ said:
That would not be a good thing UR.

NOPE !!

Last thing we need is Wolfs , Our deer herds are very very low due to no winter range and heavy winters But are Elk are doing great , but Wolfs will fix that . They will start dieing of lead poison here , also know as S.S.S = SHOOT , SHOVEL SHUT-UP !! If i was a land owner i would shoot every one i saw on my land . It's bad enough with the dogs killing the sheep , goats and cattle around my home . My friend next door lost 4 sheep as did my my friends down the street . In one hight one dog killed 6 sheep two goats and a colt . I slept in my pickup in my front yard with my shot gun waiting for the dog to return for the other sheep for the nest two weeks . I did not have my gun when i scared the dogs off one of the lambs , it happened too fast . The dog never returned , i hope he's dead . We keep a loaded shot gun ready with 00 buck just in-case the dog returns .

Can you call in wolfs like you do coyotees or is it a different approach all together? Would be alot of fun to set up and shoot some of them. I have never tried calling in coyotees but plan on it in the future

The population in Michigan's UP is causing a serious problem to the deer population. That and bad winters have really hurt the population. Kill is down 35 percent this year

I understand there are wolfs dying from lead poison all over the place . :wink: .270 , 30-06 , . 22.mag !!! :D

Latest posts

Back