Bore sighting a Triumph

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatguy

Reaction score
I just purchased one of the EABCO PeerRib sights to put on my Triumph, and i also got Warne high QD rings.. (for the record, I trial mounted it and the scope does not interfere with the peep)

With the cost and time of sighting in a ML, can it be boresighted? I was thinking put the gun in a gun vise so I can break open the action.. Then sight thru the barrel ( and thru the breach plug for a tighter picture) at a distant object. Now I can roughly get the peep sight and/or scope on paper to save trial and error of multiple shots.

Would this work?

Brian

thatguy

It would certainly get you on paper at 25 yards and possibly even at 50, from there you would have to make your final adjustments...

bore sighting

I sighted through my breech plug at about 30 yds and was on paper at 50.(Wolf 209 Magnum) :lol:

I boresighted my Genesis and my Endeavor with great results. You just need to find a kit with a .50cal adapter.

All you need is a round object/target at 50 yards and your eyeball. Using your breech plug as a peep aperture, center the object in your bore, then adjust your crosshairs to center about 1/3rd up from bottom. Should put you on paper out to 100 yards, but check at 25 or 50 first.

You don't need a bore sighting kit for inline muzzleloaders. Your eye will do a better job, I guarantee.

Busta said:
All you need is a round object/target at 50 yards and your eyeball. Using your breech plug as a peep aperture, center the object in your bore, then adjust your crosshairs to center about 1/3rd up from bottom. Should put you on paper out to 100 yards, but check at 25 or 50 first.

You don't need a bore sighting kit for inline muzzleloaders. Your eye will do a better job, I guarantee.

thanks - this is exactly what I was thinking of... BUT why adjust the scope 1/3 up??

Brian

thatguy said:
Busta said:

thanks - this is exactly what I was thinking of... BUT why adjust the scope 1/3 up??

Brian

It just works out better for most rifles and scopes I have set up to get on paper at 50 to 100 yards. If you center everything perfectly, you will more than likely be a few inches low, maybe 6" or more.

Just remember, to move your crosshairs Left, you need to turn your turret to the Right, to move the crosshairs Down, you need to move the turret in the Up direction. The turrets are marked to move your bullets Point Of Impact, the crosshair goes the other direction to make that happen. When eyeball bore sighting, you will need to remember that.

After a few trial runs inside, I finally got outside today and I think I got the eabco peep and scope bore sighted at 50 yrds..

Still not exactly sure where/how to use the peep, but if i can get 'minute of pie plate' at 50 yrds Ill be happy..

I didnt think my scope mounting all the way thru though. When I was setting the eye relief, I forgot that Ill be wearing a thicker coat instead of a t-shirt.. Its too hot to head back out today with a winter coat, but I will double check my scope position soon..

thanks for the help/tips

Brian

Back