Accura loads HELP

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shooter44n45

Reaction score
I ordered a CVA Accura and Im looking for some good starting loads from folks that may own one. Yes I know that no two guns shoot the same but they should be in the ball park.

I ordered some harvester .44/.50 crush ribs and was going to start with 300 grain XTP's and Pyrodex. I really like shooting full bore ammo but I don't have alot of time to really work this gun up. Any full bore conicals that anyone can recommend?

Bull Shop makes a 400 grain variation of a Lyman Great Plains bullet. It would be bore riding and not tapered and include his great lube. You would need to order them sized to .501 in pure lead. It's called the 400 gn LGP in this picture. http://home.mchsi.com/~rltsr/bullshop.jpg I don't know what his current delivery time is.

Your choice of the .44 caliber 300 grain XTPs in those crushed ribs should work well atop about 100-110 grains of Pyrodex.

90 grs. BH209 200 gr. Shock wave with a blue crushrib sabot and winchester primers

my accura likes 2 pellets of whitehot charges (100gr total)and hornady 240gr xtp. havent taken a deer yet but many a range targets have fallen to it.going out in a hour hope the deer count goes up!

Im glad my choice should work, I used to love shooting the Buffalo Bullets and I think they are now great plains. They did pretty well in my sidelock.

I will check out those Bull Shop bullets as well but im having a hard time pulling up his website.

I already have a lb. of Pyro so Im going to start with that first I guess.

Don't worry about his website - it sucks anyway. Just email him at the address in the picture.

:D :)

Remington Kleanbore Primers, 295 gr Powerbelt H/P and American Pioneer Powder GOLD....(100 GRAINS IN A POWDER MEASURERER (U-VIEW) IS 85 GRAINS ON GRAIN SCALE). Both of my accuras shoot great with these combo's. They both are zeroed in at 2" high at 50 yards and they are dead on at 100. I'm getting close to 1750 fps.
Good luck hunting :!: :!:

I just got home and checked my supplies, I have 777 and Winchester primers. Anything wrong with eiter of those for the Accura?

No, depends upon powder used though. Use the standard Winchesters for BH209, the 777s for other stuff.

My Accura does do good with the Winchester primers. However, it's barrel is just large enough to use the smooth Harvester sabot, so that is what i use in the Accura. The crush rib were tried, but they did seem some small. If i weren't shooting BH209, i may have been satisfied with the crush rib. The xtp are accurate out of my Accura.

The Accura likes the FPB 350 gr, usually accurate with 90 or 100gr very good terminal performance.

Back