I hate waiting

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might want to try the 325gr Speer uni-core. These shoot extremely well out of my 54cal with the mmp purple sabot.

DC

minst7877 said:
You might want to try the 325gr Speer uni-core. These shoot extremely well out of my 54cal with the mmp purple sabot.

DC

I was checking the bargain cave and saw a Kershaw Storm II knife i wanted at half off and then saw the bullets too. I had to try them for the price. :D I bought two of the knives so the bullets basically cost me next to nothing. ;)

Ive got a selection now from Barnes 275, 325 Expanders,,,Hornady 300gr FTX, Rainier 300gr copper plated HPs and i found these on sale. All 50 cal bullets and 200 MMP purple sabots.

The thing i dont get....why no one ever made 458/54 sabots and i dont think the 475/54s ever got out of the prototype stage. The most common were the 44/54s in the old days.

I know the 50 basically killed off sales for everything else but still......

BTW these are also one of the bullets Remington uses in shotgun slugs rated at 1900fps. They should work well at ML velocity.

Back