a legal carry handgun to carry in your car that you dont need a permit for.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strong eagle

Reaction score
a legal carry handgun to carry in your car that you dont need a permit for.

go to wall mart and get 2 flare guns at 40 dollars each. you have two round as you need them that is like fire from hell. you can carry them on your center part of your car and the law cant say anything. they also reload fast. they are not wimp guns. bad guys dont want to get shot with these things.

Re: a legal carry handgun to carry in your car that you dont need a permit for.

There is one federal problem with that concept.

You've just converted an unregulated flare device into a unregistered Destructive Device since it was used as an anti-personnel weapon. And they do prosecute for that. It is up to 10 years in the federal big house and $10K fine. No Parole or Probation for assigned sentence. And you're prohibited from firearm ownership once you get out.

so if i shoot a bad guy with a sling shot or throw a stone at them or use a flare gun in a desperate attempt to save my life im going to the big house. also i see very few feds out here in this big open cowboy country. the state boys and gals are bad enough, the local peace keepers would pat me on the back. the local ranchers would laugh their asses off. it sounds like it would have to be a federal crime on my part to be a serious. i probably wouldnt shoot a man that pointed a gun at me from his car. i would just put a flare through the open window of his car and that should get him interested in putting out the fire and to leave me alone. beside these guys who do these thing dont want attention and would chalk me off as a nut job and leave me alone. my personal motto when i first had life or death fighting in the military was go at that louder and more violent than they are coming at me. its kept me alive so far. those that ive taught about defending them selves is this. watch the cartoon about the tasmainian devil, be just like him. loud and nuts and different. thanks for your advice. i guess taking a leak in my rural yard is against the law also, im too old to give a shixxxxxxxxxxx.

strong eagle said:
so if i shoot a bad guy with
a sling shot or <<< Distraction, not part of the discussion 
throw a stone at them or <<< Distraction, not part of the discussion 
use a flare gun <<< this is the topic 
in a desperate attempt to save my life im going to the big house.
If no one cares that much, then why do a red flag to bring The MAN into your life with a flare gun but use a real firearm?
Your life, your call. 
Google 'flare gun for self defense' for further edification. I offered good advice. 

I'm out of this thread.

You can carry a handgun here anywhere you want including your car if it's not hidden. No permit needed. Kind of like in the old west strapped to your hip.

You can carry it hidden if it's unloaded.

Hidden and loaded you need a permit.

i just need to get off my asssssssssssssssssss and take the course, both my wife and i, and get a nebraska concealed carry permit. she will carry a ruger lcr 38 special i will carry a uberti colt 45 in 3 inch barrel, black powder frame. both carry well and shoot to center at 20 yards and pack a punch. you have to admit, putting a flare in the window of a harassing car would be fun. in n.dak. i was driving to a nursing job 55 miles from my house in open ranch country. a drugged up piece of crap ahead of me slowed down to 25 miles an hour. when i tried to pass he would not let me. soon i could see what he was doing, trying to stop me. when he did i got out with my ithica 12 gauge police riot shot gun. i pointed it at him and you never saw a guy leave the area so fast it was burning rubber and a cloud of dust. i also got into that situation in minot n.dak. a guy did that to me and i rolled down the window and safeway parking lot. he said ok. we went their and i run to his car grabbed him by the hair threw the open window and really went to work on his face. he gunned his engine and i rode the side of his car for a little bit then jumped off. got his plate number and reported it. the cops told me he was the biggest drug dealer in minot. they couldnt stop laughing about. they all said your one tough nurse. later i got a call from the chief of police offering me a job as under cover narc. they had done a background check on me and thought i would be good at it. i said thanks for the offer but i really like being a nurse and had enough of mixing with the bad dudes by accident. later when they went to finally bust that guy he turned a german shepard on the cops. one of the cops shot the lower jaw off of the dog then put him down for good. the guy said, you shot my dog, the cop said, dam straight and your next if you move a inch. again, it would have been fun to put a flare in the backseat of those jackasses i had to deal with. just plain fun.

I used to carry when I was a trucker. I came really close to shooting some low life. I'm glad I didn't and never carried again. I've never needed one again. Maybe lucky or maybe there's always another way out of situations.

Both Myself and my wife both carry. Never leave home unarmed too many damn illegals down here in south Texas.

I live in Arizona so this conversation confuses me. You guys need a permit to carry a gun ?

azal said:
I live in Arizona so this conversation confuses me. You guys need a permit to carry a gun ?
In Alabama it is legal to open carry, but if you climb into a vehicle with a handgun it becomes concealed and then a CCW Permit is required.  We don't have to go through a training class to get the permit and if a person can legally buy a firearm, then that person can easily get a permit.  They are issued by the County Sheriff and in my county they are $15.00 per year.  I get mine issued for two years, but I can get it from 1 to 4 years.

FWIW, I've only seen 4 or 5 people open carrying since it became legal.  No one was even giving them a 2nd look except for the azzhat that was flaunting it at Walmart.  I believe that carrying open points that person out as an early target.

Thanks for the reply, I was being a bit facetious. Arizona is the only state I know of where You don't need a permit open or concealed or in a vehicle. I feel sorry for the folks who do need permission.  Thanks again

Al

Seriously guys you have no idea how lucky you all are. 

If you have the option of carrying a firearm then carry the damn thing! If you need to do a qualifying course then do the damn course! You've got a right that the rest of us on this planet don't have, so exercise it, use it, be damn proud of it and don't let anyone take it away from you.

your right, thanks for the kick in the asssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

strong eagle said:
your right, thanks for the kick in the asssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.
No worries mate, more than a little jealous to tell you the truth. All we can use over here is harsh language. :x

Mike in Oz said:

If you have the option of carrying a firearm then carry the damn thing! If you need to do a qualifying course then do the damn course! You've got a right that the rest of us on this planet don't have, so exercise it, use it, be damn proud of it and don't let anyone take it away from you.
Yes Mike I'll admit that I do take my right to use a firearm to defend myself for granted.  Thankfully except for the bad guy seeing me going for my handgun while driving I've never had to even think about using it. 

Thanks for the reminder and as Strong Eagle said thanks for the kick in the Asssssssssssssssssssssss!

Rick N Bama said:
Mike in Oz said:

Yes Mike I'll admit that I do take my right to use a firearm to defend myself for granted.  Thankfully except for the bad guy seeing me going for my handgun while driving I've never had to even think about using it. 

Thanks for the reminder and as Strong Eagle said thanks for the kick in the Asssssssssssssssssssssss!
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. ;)

My pleasure mate. :D

Rick Its the same way here in Texas when they made our permits open or concealed. I have seen maybe 4 or 5 open carrying .

Mark.........I'm looking at your sig. You must buy a lot of powder?

I dont burn up as much as Id like too need to get off my butt and do some late night hog hunting. Checked my camera yesterday and pigs are feeding around midnight or later. Will have to spend some time in the blind and see if I cant get some fresh pork for the freezer.

Latest posts

Back