Thors are in

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now see why you should shoot copper bullets? If you shoot game with lead, you swaller all them lead pieces in your meat and it causes you to talk like ol spit & bat :lol:

110gr Pyrodex RS did the trick. I printed the target out on regular paper and it sucked, very dull at 100 yards.

But im satisfied with the out come. I adjusted my sights after shot 3 and #4 was just right where i wanted it. Aprox. 1 1/2" high. I'll adjust windage as soon as i get more percussion caps. This rifle is pretty much ready to go!
Thor-110grrs-100y001.jpg

Thor-110grrs-100y002-1.jpg

#4 was after sight adjustment,
Thor-110grrs-100y004-1.jpg

With a good scope and a solid rest, these bullets will easily clip eachother.

they'll be tackling a 55 gallon drum, length wise in a couple days. I want to see how they do in water.

Not to bring up a dead thread, but a small question.

I like the design and idea of this slug am and wondering, if the crew thinks that it would work well with a sabot in a 54 cal, since they only offer it in the 50cal.

I am pretty sure there are similar flat based Barnes bullets that can be used in a sabot.

This is basically a "Miniball" with a hollow flared base, so I think that is why it wouldn't work well in a sabot.

FG, nope I have a left handed TC in 54,, kind of what I figured, though on the bullet when looking at the base,

Was thinking of breaking it out and tuning it up, for BP season this year haven't shot the Ole girl since she came to me, gentleman I bought it from said the Power Belts did well may just try them, some thing different

8 bore is beginning to wear me down.

This may be self evident, but having never seen or heard of this bullet before up here in frozen Alberta....... it would seem that it is shot without a sabot. It has a concave base visible in one picture.
Has anyone tried one in a TC Triumph?
I will be interested to hear any replies.

Underclocked said:
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002496.htm

swallowing LARGE amts of copper is hazardous, but swallowing SMALL ammounts of lead is worse. (especially on young'uns)

Latest posts

Back