Bought my gal her first rifle.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkey

Reaction score
I just got done placing an order for my girls first rifle...it is a 7mm 08.

She is 26 years of age and will be using it to deer hunt with. It is the marlin bolt action which I am understanding is a remington now.

Anyone have any suggestions on which factory ammo has been performing good in this gun/set up?

I will have to sight it in for her...it is the youth size but more I keep reading about the 7mm 08 I just might have to get one for an adult! :D

Thank you for your help...will get it sighted in and give it to her on her birthday which is opening day of the Kentucky firearm season.

I know 308 ammo was much cheaper but I think the 7mm 08 was a better choice.

Great caliber choice. I would place a Siims vibration pad on the rifle for her just to be sure her shooting is enjoyable.

Chocdog

The 7 mm-08 Remington is almost a direct copy of a wildcat cartridge developed around 1958 known as the 7mm/308. As these names would suggest, it is the .308 Winchester case necked down to accept 7 mm (.284) bullets with a small increase in case length. Of cartridges based upon the .308, it is the 3rd most popular, behind only the .308 itself and the .243 Winchester.[1] In 1980, the Remington Arms company popularized the cartridge by applying its own name and offering it as a chambering for their model 788 and model 700 rifles.

use the 140 gr. bullet for deer

7mm-08 Remington PRA7M08RB 140 AccuTip, Boat Tail

its a shooting gun...tack driver marlin/remington youth gun

Latest posts

Back