Parker Ballistic Extreme Bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsteurrys

Reaction score
Does anyone use Parker Ballistic Extreme bullets? What has your experience been with them both good and bad. I shot them for the 2nd time yesterday in my Knight DISC Elite .50 caliber and all I can say is WOW. I shot a 5 shot group that went under an 1" at 112 yards. :D I was using the 275 gr version pushed by 120 gr of BH 209 ignited by a Federal 209A primer. I would like to know about actual field experience on deer size game. I am going to shoot them again next range session to see if I get repeatable results.

Jim, this was from my sabotless gun last November, 165yd-ish shot, bang flop, 213gr retained weight, around .700 diameter.

Dunno if I pulled, she moved, or what, but it was pretty much a bonefide gut shot. I have never seen a deer hit so hard by a bullet thou.

Parker275grBE1.jpg

Parker275grBE2.jpg

Parker275grBEdamage2.jpg

Parker275grBEdamage3.jpg

Yes these are great bullets. I have had exceptional target and on-game results in my MLII using the 275s. I know of others here that swear by them as well. The 250s have been known to fragment but the 275 gr have a great reputation. If you want more info go to the smokeless section here and see the sticky at the top with bullet tests by Doohan (JJ). When JJ tested this bullet the energy/impact actually broke his wood table that the gel was sitting on. Good luck with your hunting and shooting.

Out of my Knight Disc with 110 grains of Triple Seven 2f, they are deadly accurate. Just a real great bullet.

I use the 275 BE's in my Ultimate with three T7-Mag pellets. This is a great recipe in my gun.
As for terminal performance, I've shot 15 deer with this exact combo over the last two seasons (in multiple states) to include three 8-points and the rest does. 13 deer dropped in their tracks and two does managed to crawl about 10 yards. 12 shots were at 100 yards, one shot was at 153 yards, one shot was at 80 yards, and one shot was point blank.
All shots were spine hits. I did not have any problems with fragmentation during the 08 season, however, the bullets did come apart in the last five I shot in the 09 season. I emailed Bob Parker to see if there had been any alloy changes from year to year and he replied that there had not. I love the bullet and plan to keep using even if it frags.
Keep in mind that this load is good for over 2300 fps in the Ultimate and the bullet should have no problem staying together at lower velocity and/or not hitting the spine. FYI: The Parkers all have Ultimates.

This bullet is devastating on deer size game! Use them with confidence.

Latest posts

Back