A challenging year

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boone

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
2021 has been a challenging year for most of us. What is your wish for next year?

I wish i could go eat at a huge Chinese buffet again or any buffet with good food. :p What i really miss is called Dum Sum brunch with friends. Its more or less a buffet of dumplings they bring to your table on carts. You pick what you want off the cart and they add it to your tab. Most of it is steamed but they have other things too.

Last edited:
I wish i could go eat at a huge Chinese buffet again or any buffet with good food. :p What i really miss is called Dum Sum brunch with friends. Its more or less a buffet of dumplings they bring to your table on carts. You pick what you want off the cart and they add it to your tab. Most of it is steamed but they have other things too.
That hits home.
My cardiologist has recommended a low fat, low salt, low taste, cardboard diet. At least that is my interpretation.

I'd like to be able to walk effectively again in 2022. Progress with physical therapy is so slow and I am getting impatient. The neurosurgeon said that I would be walking and hiking again 3 months after spine surgery. That was back in April.

I struggle with neuropathy and joint pain. Years ago I quit eating processed meat, low salt. The venison has replaced it.
Don`t get me wrong I like my treats but in moderation. Walk almost everyday and do some gym work. Pain is way down. Find a healthy way and keep going. Wish you the best!

My cardiologist has recommended a low fat, low salt, low taste, cardboard diet. At least that is my interpretation.
They dont need to be bland. Contrary to popular belief tons of real Chinese food is fairly healthy and lots of stuff is steamed instead of fried. They do go a bit heavy on sodium and MSG. MSG is also a "sodium" but only has a fraction compared to table salt. There are NUMEROUS healthy fats. Good expeller canola oil is actually a very very good oil for you. Rice bran oil and avocado oil are another 2 very healthy oils.

I deal with this weekly sometimes daily helping a couple people on restricted diets. Steamed cod for example is delicious or fried in one of the healthy oils.

Get more range time, get back into fishing (I honestly can't remember the last time I went and we love seafood of all types). Increase my primitive skills in various areas, to include woodworking. I have been progressing but homesteading and the day job divides the day up to where I get less time to do a lot of those things on a regular basis. I need to get reorganized. Typically I am a very organized person, but without a reset once in a while I get stuck in a rut and then when something new comes in I just cram it into the mix and the organization is lost. Also, I want to help less fortunate people more in small ways and in as large a way as I can feasibly do. And lastly, spend more time on this and the sister forum to gain more practical knowledge

Latest posts

Back