Which stock?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rogo

Reaction score
I am buying a new Omega and not sure what stock to get.

Two choices, Laminate or Walnut.

Which would you guys get?

Don't like plastic stocks.

Thanks

Your Choice

Isn't laminate supposed to be better than wood? I eman as far as moisture etc? Climate changes. I am very picky aboiut wood stocks nice grains and such, I have hardly ever seen an ugly laminate.

I've had 2 laminates (not T/C) and the both cracked in the grip area...i'm done with 'em

I like both for the same price I would get the laminate because it is stabler but it would not bother me a bit to get the walnut and glass bed it.

I love laminated and laminated thumbhole.

My poor mans laminated thumbhole Omega knock off.

Apex50-1.jpg

I have an omega with the laminate stock and its beautiful. I think the laminate has a lot more character than walnut.

I have seen a few laminated stocks that the laminate is not solid enough and the surface shows slight delamination which looks like a piece of plywood that has the surface making slivers and whiskers. I had one like that and had to coat the surface with a plastic deck coating material and then sand it back down to stabilize the laminate. I would go with the solid wood and plastic bed it.

i just ordered a gray laminated stock for my omega that originally came with a black plastic stock. the laminate looks and feels much better than the plastic stock.

I just bought a laminate thumbhole for mine. I love the looks, feel & rugedness of laminate. I have several guns with grey or brown laminate. Very pretty stocks. Walnut is also nice but not as ruged as laminate. Scratches and dings much easier.

Back