ANY 3 PIECE QUALITY (HD) RAMROD SUGGESTIONS?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squirrelhawker

Reaction score
How about some suggestions. Looking for a 3 piece rod (screw together) for my hunting
bag. Heavy duty-not flimsey. Thanks

The sectioned brass rod SMI sent with my .45 conversion is sturdy, I like it quite well. Might try getting in touch with them.

I know it doesn't quite fit the bill (not solid screw together) but Mac's rod isn't flimsy. See my review a few posts down.

DW said:
The sectioned brass rod SMI sent with my .45 conversion is sturdy, I like it quite well. Might try getting in touch with them.

I am going to make one similar to the SMI rod. I am going to use brass threaded rod to hold it together... they used steel.
and mine will be a 4 piece rather than a 5. Going to use a 3/4" brass ball instead of the plastic knob.
I have a thing for golden colored metal.

I use an old Outer's shotgun cleaning rod with adaptor end.
Plenty sturdy enough.

Rod

If you can find a 50 cal machine gun cleaning rod, four or five sections screw together, at Army Surplus store they are HEAVY DUTY!! I've got a couple, and chucked 'em up in my lathe and drilled and tapped the end for the right size brushes and jags.. works great.. HTH Les

I ended up making my own from 3/8" brass rod. Turned out good enough. Actually 5/16" would have been heavy enough.

Hey Trap,

Just wanted to say Thank You. I just received my new ramrod and bullet starter from Mac. This is exactly what I've been looking for in a field rod. Mac spent over an hour with me on the phone getting the spec's down. I can't say enough about the product, but even a better guy. Thanks again.......

Latest posts

Back