Decent Scope: Decent price

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stompie

Reaction score
I am looking for the impossible. I want a really good scope at a really great price. You guys seem to find bargains all over the place. My limit is $250.00. Is there such a thing? I want a 3 - 9 x 40mm scope.

Thanks everyone. That is enough to keep me busy for the weekend anyhow. Some really good deals in your suggestions. I like that Nachos store. Never heard of them but their prices are pretty good. Hopefully the service is an par?

also check ebay, you can find some really good deals there as well. I have seen the omega for well under 200.

You will love the Bushnell Elite 3200!!
DO YOUR HOME WORK AND THEN PICK THE SCOPE THAT WON'T LET YOU DOWN WHEN YOU'RE PANTING FROM EXCITEMENT, AND YOU'RE BREATHING SO HARD YOU WOULD FOG ANY SCOPE EXCEPT ONE WITH RAIN GUARD.

Spitpatch: LOL

I dropped my pals 4200 down the hole at our outhouse at huntcamp 3 years back. Looking for his wedding ring. And its true what they say. The optics remained clear and fog free. Dont know whether or not it had anything to do with the additional chemistry or not.

Very funny Spitpatch :lol:

I second on the ultimate slam

This may get some laughs and funny looks, but for the past two years I have been using a BSA scope that was worth $70 new. Never had a problem with it not taking the punishment from 120 gr of BH209

Stompie said:
Spitpatch: LOL

I dropped my pals 4200 down the hole at our outhouse at huntcamp 3 years back. Looking for his wedding ring. And its true what they say. The optics remained clear and fog free. Dont know whether or not it had anything to do with the additional chemistry or not.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Were you in deep ............................do do!

Good to know as I have an out house also, I will stay clear! 8)

taylorhaught said:
Very funny Spitpatch :lol:

I second on the ultimate slam

This may get some laughs and funny looks, but for the past two years I have been using a BSA scope that was worth $70 new. Never had a problem with it not taking the punishment from 120 gr of BH209

Is it accurate? Hold a zero well?

I have often considered one, simply because I would like to try something with greater magnification, to tighten groups.
My reasoning was also that it would be less expensive.
But I could never pull the trigger on the purchase?

Do you think tighter groups can be squeezed out of greater magnification or am I just wishin in the dark?

I vote for the Leupold Ultimate Slam or just a VX-I. IMO the Ultimate Slam is probably the way I would go as well.. When eye relief, optics, FOV, and amount of w/e adjustment are all considered I think that's the way to go for around $200.00. Second choice goes to the Nikon Buckmaster 3-9X40....

spitpatch...

it would always hold its zero. i have a 3.5x12x50 BSA. Crystal clear and good reticle. I just took it off the triumph this week and have it sitting at my house. $30 bucks and its yours :)

P1020054.jpg

P1020051.jpg

P1020048.jpg

P1020053.jpg

Latest posts

Back