new to this

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maine_guy53

Reaction score
I have a cva wolf i cleaned the barrel and is their something for oil to put down the barrel ?

Thanks pete

Iuse wd40 first then rem oil. In a couple of days i do it again, just to make sure! :wink:

Montana Xtreme, Break-Free CLP, or Eezox. Actually any good quality gun oil is fine.

maine_guy53 said:
I have a cva wolf i cleaned the barrel and is their something for oil to put down the barrel ?

Thanks pete

You will love this little gun! I have had mine for a little over a year now, and took my first ML deer with it last year.

About a month or so ago there was a topic posted about different oils,conditioners for your barrel.I took the advice of a long term poster here,and ordered a bottle of Montana Xtreme.Now let me say this first...before I used it I had a terrible crud ring with t7 powder.Through an email the poster gave a bit more advice saying take it out for three or four range session...give it some time,and then you will probably see the difference.
Well I went out today my fifth time sense then,and I did see a difference.My last range session I notice the ring was still there,but a heck of a lot easier to push through. (using the hot primers,and t7fff) Today I shot went to swab,and it was smaller...barley felt it.Shot 4 more times,and then went to swab.PLUNK...my range rod slipped all the way down to the breech plug.Shot again,and had the same thing happen.Needless to say from that point on I had no crud ring.Was it the MX bore conditioner?I don't know,but I know Ill be buying it again.

not to change the subject but where can i get mx bore conditioner?

I ordered mine from Midwest...Least I think that the companies name.

Now I didn't include something in my post.When I clean the barrel I always use boiling water to get it nice and hot.Then I swab in the MX. Now I expect my results through Murphy's law will be different...but the stuff is cheap,so no harm done.

Cell

Latest posts

Back