The Blazer is gettin there

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frontier gander

Reaction score
Here she is! I still have to cut the barrel down, Ive decided on 22" And i have to still Cerama-Coat the barrel, Trigger Guard, Ramrod thimbles and Trigger assembly. Also have to drill 2 holes in the barrel for 2 more mount screws. Thats gonna suck.

The stock is going to get another 5 or so coats of the Tru oil spray. Im leaving for michigan in 5 days so i figure i'll give the stock 3 weeks to cure and then wet sand and go those 5 coats. A good deal of work to do on it but its turning out nicely.
000_1222.jpg

000_1225.jpg

000_1223.jpg

000_1228.jpg

Ok she now sports a 21 & 7/8" barrel. It now handles amazingly well and very light weight. Be a great oak brush gun when i am hunting the thick stuff. Now to fit a ramrod and it will go into the closet while i am away.

Later on i will drill out 2 more holes and remount the forward ramrod thimble.
000_1229.jpg

000_1230.jpg

000_1231.jpg

very cool project . looks like it will make an great brush gun . that is gona turn out awesome . have you considered just using one ramrod thimble about an inch and a half from the muzzle ? my 21 in barreled tc is like that and it looks really clean with the short barrel .

Frontier looks great. I would leave just the one thimble and not bother with the other one looks great just the way it is. Nice job. :D

Back