Stuck ventliner

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Need a little help. Have had my ml II about 3 weeks and have put about
80 shots though it. Tried to take the ventliner out but it is stuck. I did put antiseize on it, but apparently not enough.
What is the best thing to soak a breech plug in that has a stuck ventliner.
Thanks doggzoe
p.s. Got my ventliners a couple days ago thanks Randy

doggzoe said:
p.s. Got my ventliners a couple days ago thanks Randy

:( I don't know about the thanks.

If you have an impact driver you might be able to crack it loose, otherwise drill it out or just replace the breechplug. You won't spare the Never-Seez next time. :wink:

try soaking it in cleaner , brake fluid ,or even penetrating oil for a couple of days. It should come out. I've had a couple stick on me.

The next time you install the vent liner make sure you take a q-tip with antiseize on it and run it down into the threads of the breech plug and the threads of the vent liner before installing. As far as getting the old one out plenty of good advice have already been given. One thing for sure go ahead and invest in a spare breech plug. :wink:

The easiest way to get out a stuck vent liner is to heat it up with a propane torch, tap your allen wrench into the hole to get a good bite. Once it is hot enough, the vent liner comes right out! :D

Tried the heating up trick, rounded off a couple allen wrenchs and the hex hole out. What finale worked was mig tacking a 7/16ths nut to the top of the ventliner (which does not appear to be all steel)and used a wrench to back it out. Accually it came out pretty easy. Probably from a combination of heat and being able to use a wrench to get a better bite.
SMEARED ANTISEIZE ALL OVER THE NEW RW VENTLINER BEFORE INSTALLING AND RAN QUIT A BIT DOWN THE BREECH PLUG THREADS Popped a couple three caps thru it and will try it out tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back