white muzzloaders

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cancan

Reaction score
wondering if anyone had heard seen or had any info positive or negative about white ml's? they look pretty nice. thanks.

Cancan, you would be doing well to own a white....that is if you like conical shooting. I personaly own 7 of them, ranging from the lill chipmunk choppin .410's ......A squirell rifle in .451 and a mess of the rabbit slayers in .504.

Every gun is a shooter, not one is finicky. The recoil of the rifles with large boolets is very managable! Fact is I bought all these rifles for the kids of our county to shoot thru the 4-H. (well maybe one or two might be for me) :lol:

They are a cinch to scope out and if you preffer a peep sight there are several good choices along with fire sights for the front beads.

Reliable ignition.....less powders.....less costs for the #11's.....quick handling. They all have a double safety that can be worked ambidextriously....plus they can come either handed as well. Need I say more other than I am not a dealer. The company is having some sort of issues.....but there is no need to worry about the products themselves. I have three rifles that will shoot sub 1" groups @ 100yds all day long with no swabbing! And thats what I like about these rifles and kids.

Doc is a number one stand-up sorta fella. He will bend over backwards to help you out.....as well as Tom Lodge, (Rattus) over @ [email protected]

thanks for the links guys....i think im in love with the bison....i shoot an old american arms that prints 1-2" groups at 150 yrds and been looking for a backup on the farm....the bison looks like a carbon copy of my AA .50cal. gonna have to pic one of these up .

cancan said:
wondering if anyone had heard seen or had any info positive or negative about white ml's? they look pretty nice. thanks.

I sure think my White Super 91 .504 is purdy! :lol: Owned it for over a year now & have taken 2 deer with it. High quality in all respects & a great shooter!

DSCF0135.jpg

im pretty much sold on one just gotta learn all the particulars of the different models...to many to chose from...i really like that 50cal safari with the full stock.

tell me why does it seem they have two websites? :?:

Them safari's is shweet baby!

If you are looking for a short fast handling gun the whitetails are the way to go....in either the model 97's or a "G" series. I believe your "Bison" is a near copy of these.

If your looking for sex in your hands.....get a super 91 in the safari grade, the regular 91 feels every bit as nice but theres something to a manlicher that adds beauty to a gun. Loggies gun is a 91 with teflon......and I do recomend the teflon if you are going to get a blued version.

Then theres the thunderbolts....and I see my old rifle is still listed as #460. They are great shooters as well but they take the 209 primers....some of them had slight primer sticking problems.....mine did as well. But I polished the breach plug and havn't had any more problems with it.

I've got a White Tail G series. It loves the NE 460 bullets. I also have 4 other muzzle loaders. I like all of them,but it seems like I grab the White Tail when I go out shooting with my friends. It still amazes me how you load and shoot,and load and shoot. It never gets hard to load a bullet down the barrel. The accuracy is still right there! I use a fire sight front bead,and a Lyman #57 Reciever sight. I can easly hit soda cans @100yds off the bench. I use 70grs.T7 and the NE460 bullet. Love that Thwaack! Sound when it hits deer. Ron S :wink:

how are the long range groups outta those 22 inch barrels? thats the only thing im not sure of ....im just used to 26". can you get 2" groups at 150yrds? these whites and their projectiles are makin me think thats for sure. i used to think my 300gr bullets were big.

Most of the groups below were shot with 24" barreled Whites

49bigboys.jpg

I hate posting that. :wink:

Yeah I have a couple of Whites TOO! :lol:

97.504groups%20001.jpg

White 97 .50

AND some groups from that rifle...
97.504groups%20012.jpg

AND my White 97 .45
97.504groups%20007.jpg

AND some groups from that rifle..
DSCF0186.JPG

Still have them BOTH! I REALLY like those 97s!

There ya go Cancan.....and I can duplicate all those targets as well with nearly every white I own. (cept the two youths I have cut down) They shoot about 2.5" groups @ 100yds. :cry:

Doesn't seem to matter what the caliber.....they are well designed for the mission.

Like I stated earlier, by using a shooting vise I'm able to print one hole groups with knurled bullets.....the drawback is they are a bit harder to start down the barrel. The up-side is nice.....I look at the up-side....I'm sorta a half full kind of feller on this topic. :p

The more I get to experiment with using knurled bullets as the first shot out of a clean gun then switching to a slip fit for follow upers, the more I'm leaning to a two bullet loading system. I have many ideas as to what I'd like to start making but the cash flow isn't hear yet to splurge. :(

I've been messing aruond with the gas checked version as well as the plain flat base's and I'm undesided as to what works better for accuracy. The gas check's do seem to cut down on the fowling a smidge....and I think they take a bit more of a charge before loosing the groups. So far almost all of my testing has been done under the same loads so I havn't a good opinion made yet. Is the cost of the gas checks worth the advantages? I dunno, they cost me the same!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

I have many ideas as to what I'd like to start making but the cash flow isn't hear yet to splurge.

Mark, I really laughed out loud when I read that! :lol:

What cha trying to say there....cmon don't beat around the bush....tell it like it is....LOL

Ok, I maybe do get to play around some....but it is all in the intrest of good sportsmanship and my love of this sport! If I were in it just for the money you'd be seeing my prices jump up to P R's pricing.....and I just don't want to go there. Besides, I'd have to become a A-hole and quite posting as to become a mistery to the newbies......that way I could snipe others ideas and use them for myslef without giving credit. LOL! :lol:

I have so many new ideas I want to get started on.....some in every caliber. Thats the expensive part of it. Not to mention wanting to get the .504's started.....but before I can do that I need to get a better idea as to what I want before I blow more cash on what may or may-not work right.

So far I've been pretty lucky with my thoughts and purchases....only one or two havn't panned out. Most are usable....in fact, amost all of my designs have been great starting points to build from. But they are only the tip of things, I've a long row to hoe.

Mark, I need a nice pic of your bullets and a group fired with them to add to my BigBoolits pic. It may eventually become poster-sized. :wink:

Underclocked said:
Mark, I need a nice pic of your bullets and a group fired with them to add to my BigBoolits pic. It may eventually become poster-sized. :wink:

I have some on the way for my .410/91 and some lovely 280's for my Savage!!

CANCAN -

White makes a pretty unique ML. I am partial to the 91's myself... I have one in .504 and .410. The .504/91 is most likely the EASIEST MZ to shoot accurately... it is really EZ!! At your ranges, a White will work well.

UC, I'd be more than happy to oblige you with pics of the targets.....right now my digital is in rifle camp waiting for opening day.....and the targets I was refering to are in my suburban. And its in the shop getting ready for camp as well. :lol:

I'll get cha started with a few of the boolet pics for now. :wink:

Latest posts

Back