AAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHH!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I received my new Disc Elite like so many here last night. Based on the posts about the lack of quality on the rings, (which I have not received yet), I went to Cabela's and bought the Leupold QR system for my new elite. After reading about all of the CNC and tight tolerances necessary to effectively permit removal and replacement of the scope, I mounted the bases and upon turning the lever to lock the rear ring, it turned 360 degrees. I intend to Fedex them to Leupold tomorrow, as I have no time remaining to drive all the way to Cabela's again. My prayer is that they will fedex me back a replacement set so that I can finish mounting and sighting in my rifle for the opener on Tuesday. I hope that Leupold has the same desire to serve their customers as does the great Knight Rifle Company.

Has anybody dealt with them in this type of situation, and what was their response?

My prayer is that they will fedex me back a replacement set so that I can finish mounting and sighting in my rifle for the opener on Tuesday. I hope that Leupold has the same desire to serve their customers as does the great Knight Rifle Company.

That's cutting it close! I hope they come thru!

Based on the posts about the lack of quality on the rings

I started thinking... If you need some bases/rings to get you thru..I have some Weaver #45s that will fit that Disc Elite and some Warne QR rings that will mate really good with them. Let me know PDQ and I'll get 'em out to you this am when I go to work, 10AM...

Thanks for the offer! It once again shows what great people you are. I talked to SHARON at customer service and she is airing out a new set of rings and bases today so that they'll be here shortly. She said to keep the old set until I am sure that my problem is solved and then send back the remaining parts. No questions, just absolute desire to get it right. As I have a SS rifle she even offered QR stainless bases/rings but unfortunately, they don't produce them as of yet for this model. I am always one to give credit where credit is due and Leupold joins my list of favorite vendors. As for the opener, I've got my new Encore 209X50 ready to go so I am not in danger of missing the opener with my smokepole!

5 days to go here in Michigan!

I'm beginning to notice a positive difference in muzzleloading people compared to many other "hunters" I've met.

Corpe Nimrod, Thanks alot for sharing that information. Leupold is just first class all the way around. No reason for me to buy anything else.

Southern Michigan on the Ohio, Indiana and Michigan border, a town called Hillsdale. I used to go "Up North" to hunt but the deer are all grain fed and plentiful. About four years ago, my family and I switched to all wild game except for a few chickens every once and awhile. If you ask my 11 and 7 year old daughters what to do with deer they reply, "eat them!".

Back